ForumsWEPRObama Picks Joe Biden as Running Mate.

21 5277
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veep_biden_profile

Obama picked Senator Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate. Biden brings a lot of expereience (ten more years than McCain) that some believe Ombama is missing. He's not affraid to speak his mind and would be a great sounding board for a president. He has a lot of foreign relations experience which I think could cause a great change in our relations with the rest of the world, which has been as of these past 7 years degrading.

One drawback, that might be capitazlied on by republicans, is that Biden voted for the war, but has since become a critic of the way it's been run.

Well, let the s*#% storm begin. Criticism, praise, anyone?

• 21 Replies
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

He's been in office for 26 years. Someone has to like him.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I forgot to mention earlier that Obama should have waited a few days before announcing his VP, so that it wouldn't have to compete with the Olympics for coverage by the mass media.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Dragon, can you tell me where you got your percentage? Because I know that 75% of percentages are made up on the spot.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Well, if the National Debt is a deciding factor for you, consider that Mccain will keep the wars going much longer than Obama and WAR'S AREN'T CHEAP and we'll have to pay for them somehow.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I don't eve care anymore, America's going down the crapper no matter what we do. We have more than 30 trillion dollars in national debt, and I don't think either candidate will be able to fix it. Besides that, I am about 50-50 on each candidate, so I can't decide anyway.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Ya, the way I view it as far as national debt goes is that we know that McCain is going to increase it, probably by a lot, but we're not sure yet whether Obama will reverse the trend (as most economists say his plan will at the very least do less damage then McCain's), so it's a clear cut choice for me on that issue.

Showing 16-21 of 21