ForumsSupport ForumArmor Points

18 3238
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

All of the top users in Armor Points are quitting. This is because people only care about armorpoints. I mean, jut look at StarScreamer, he quit and now Firetail is in first. Now Firetail wants to quit, so i had an idea, maybe we should just ban armor points. I'm not sure though. Then everyone could just pick an armatar. And the site isn't like it used to be, like firetail said. So it might be a good idea.

• 18 Replies
Lord_Loralell
Lord_Loralell
28 posts
Nomad

Yeah i do think people are getting a bit carried away with points. I mean it's a game site isn't it? it should be about playing games and having fun not winning points.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Well, this may be a good idea... Maybe... Yeah.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

That would pretty much ruin the site I think like its only 1 person quitting it doesn't make a huge difference.

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

If I get in first, I'm not going to quit. I don't see what made Firetail and Starscreamer want to quit.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

That's a horrible idea. Who cares if firetail or any other of the top 10 members are quitting? They all have the same excuse: "AG isn't what it used to be" -- well, is anything ever what it used to be? Things change for progress and for better or worse, if those members don't like it, then why should it be a chip on my shoulder if they leave? AG doesn't revolve around them, does it? It revolves around games.

rocketsrule
rocketsrule
236 posts
Nomad

Ummm... I get why you would want to do that, but the site would probably have even more quitters if that happened

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No, this site used to be fun, not about points. I am just trying to make this place what it used to be again. I want the old times back, were it is about fun, laughter, and games. NOT POINTS!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No, we saw the END of the old times. We saw it turn into this.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

InTheZone is correct. Everything changes..no matter what. If we rid of AP, even more people would leave. fst6 is correct as well. Not many of us saw the old times, yet you say you want it back...

~RR~

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah i do think people are getting a bit carried away with points. I mean it's a game site isn't it? it should be about playing games and having fun not winning points.

I completely agree. It is because they set all of their goals on making points, and being number 1. Then when they get it, what more do they have to look forward to? Not much, since they made it their ultimate goal. Seriously, points themselves are not that big of a deal, it is how you get them that determines what kind of member you are.

As far as getting rid of points though, to be honest with you, it is not going to happen. It is one of the things that makes our site unique, and motivates users to get to the next rank, reach that next armatar, etc. It helps people meet goals, something to be proud of.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I completely agree. It is because they set all of their goals on making points, and being number 1. Then when they get it, what more do they have to look forward to? Not much, since they made it their ultimate goal. Seriously, points themselves are not that big of a deal, it is how you get them that determines what kind of member you are.

As far as getting rid of points though, to be honest with you, it is not going to happen. It is one of the things that makes our site unique, and motivates users to get to the next rank, reach that next armatar, etc. It helps people meet goals, something to be proud of.

First, the points aren't so unique since sites like Newgrounds have them. Second, points will never leave unless we lose our competitive site and we all know that won't happen today. Third, I got no third but I like doing this.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well yes newgrounds does have a point system,but it is made for a older group since it has more mature material on it.This site is based for people in the teen-preteen age area.So you can't really compare them all too well.Newgrounds is made more for animations anyways,so they can not really be included as much of a gaming site really.Anyways lets not turn this into a random newgrounds Vs. AG thread.The point is they are not going to get rid of AP,and so there really is no point in arguing over it anyways.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

First, the points aren't so unique since sites like Newgrounds have them.

Yea, but our system of acquiring them is unique from the other sites.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, but our system of acquiring them is unique from the other sites.

That is true.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

It is because they set all of their goals on making points, and being number 1.

I agree with that -- most people set their sights on being #1, but in reality, you're really setting yourself up for a downfall. Reaching the pinnacle is one thing, but how you deal with it after is another.
Showing 1-15 of 18