ForumsSupport Forumget rid of ever point ever!

31 5287
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Alot of people might hate this idea, but I think it is a good one. If we got rid of points, There wouldnt be a point to spaming, there would be no rateing games, with out playing them. It wouod be FUN again. What do you guys think?

• 31 Replies
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

No it's dumb.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I guess it would be good but then lots of people would quit but it would ruin AG I think.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

i noticed this kind of comment of firetails profile,

but i agree with crazynaitor

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

God, what is up with you people and getting rid of points to save members who are quitting? Who cares if they're quitting -- it's their choice. Why should the rest of AG (who like earning AP, rating games, etc.) suffer because of that?

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I know I'm sick of these threads why do the points have to be gone???

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Why should we make 1000 users quit instead of #1 I just don't get the idea.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so you guys enjoy spam? You enjoy people that are just getting like a 2000 points in a day? Most people don't even play games any more. This site isn't about points, it is about games and having fun.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Do you think we enjoy spam but if AP was gone it might save Firetail but it won't save others.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well, this wasnt about firetail to tell you the truth. I just am getting annoyed with every one being like so ubsesed with the points.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Actually if there were no points i would not be quiting AG right now that partly the reason

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

well the whole point of this site is to have fun. so i dont really know, ap brings more fun i think, it brings hate to spammers

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you, someone agrees with me.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

People who spammed to get 2000 points? What about the people who made their way to the top 10 simply because of chatting with people on The Messenger (which adds onto the comments, which gives 'em some points). That's how a majority of people get their points, innit?

I think most users do enjoy getting points, but to say getting rid of the point system will get rid of spam, that just won't happen. Spam will always be around UNLESS you get rid of comment boxes, forums and the Messenger.

I do feel for you though, I get tired of seeing the one worded posts and the constant spam, but whenever you try a new initiative to stop spam, someone will go around it. It's best to just flag and move on if you don't like what you see and that's what users on AG fail to do!

And you can't say everyone is about getting points, I certainly want to help game developers by posting thoughtful comments on games (even games which are buried under the popular ones) and there are others like me on the site. Points are just a driving force for some people to participate in the community.

If you want to quit because of the direction AG is headed, no one's stopping you. But suggesting such drastic measures to bring it back to the 'old days', I think that's a bit of regressive -- if anything, you'd want the website to be more progressive. There will be problems of course, and not everyone can adapt to change, but that's the lesson to be learned, isn't it?

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

I think it would make the site 10 X better and you could chose any armater you want =D

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

now thats an awesome idea Chase, i think it might let some people stay

Showing 1-15 of 31