ForumsSupport ForumEmbed Code?

7 4114
hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Anybody else think we should be able to embed videos into our posts? It would help in the Popular Media forum. But, have it so you need a set number of posts (not AP) to be able to use the code, as to prevent video spam.

• 7 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Interesting idea -- I could see it working, but it would mean more coding for the website. It could take a while.

I think linking to videos is a fine way to do things, except of course, you have those who may link to sites which are against the ToS. It's a stick situation!

hockeyman
hockeyman
43 posts
Nomad

how do u embed a code??

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

how do u embed a code??

No, that is what the code is called. Like image code.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You do realize that in order to embed anything,you would need to use a html code,and also this could cause a page to lag very badly.I think posting links to videos on other sites is just fine,and there really is no reason why we need this.Also I don't even think that it would be possible for them to allow us to embed video codes without us being able to use other html codes,which would have horrible consequences to it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with crimson, I would imagine this would slow down the pages quite a bit. It seems pretty easy just to post a link to the video. I don't really understand why you would need the video itself in the thread.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Just linking the video from youtube works fine. If you are too lazy to click the link, then that's your problem.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The reason I say this though is because first off images use a url and BB code,but when the site XAT(the one the AW site uses to power its chat room)had html on it.People would hack into chat rooms using html and made themselves admins and such,and that's not what we want for AG is it?

Showing 1-7 of 7