ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe unsolved mysteries

8 3985
lolprincess
lolprincess
68 posts
Nomad

Hi! I'll be writing mystery stories evey now and then but I won't solve them. I'll put all the details in the stories but you have to solve them. Hope you enjoy!

Case no. 1
It was the middle of the night, Ms. Penelope Stewart was in her 3rd floor NY apartment, reading a book. Then, she hears a knock on the door. She gets her robe and answers it. Strangely, no one's there, so she locks the door and goes back to reading. Suddenly, someone comes in and stabs her with a knife. The killer leaves the knife inside her chest while he/she calls the police to file a complaint agaisnt Penelope because of noise. The police come and knock on the door. When no one came, they smashed the door and looked all over the place. They finally find Penelope's lifeless body and call for the hospital. The next day, they get the knife and scan it for DNA. There are three suspects.

Suspect no.1 is Mrs. Green on the 4th floor, 67 and is 5'1. She loves expensive things and the color green.

Suspect no. 2 is Mr. Green on the 4th floor, 69 and is 5'5.
He loves to smoke and the color green.

The last suspect is Ms. Baker on the 2nd floor, 22 and is 5'.
She loves to make pastries.
They search the room and find a white strand of hair. They also find a magazine with a torn page. They find the torn page under the sofa and it says "You've spilled the beans, now YOU gotta pay." They're in amuddle until they find a small peice of paper with Penelope's name on it. They scan the paper and they find out that it was a letter of complaint against the murderer of not returning borrowed cash in 5 months. They know who did it, do you?

• 8 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This is a tough one... I have it narrowed down to two, but I haven't solved it yet!

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

it is mrs. green

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Its Ms. Baker.

I don't think it would be either of the Greens' for a few reasons.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

i think its mrs green because she likes expensive things(wanted money back) and wanted money back (maybe cuz she spilled beans on her couch? lol.) and her hair was white from secondhand smoke (her husband.)

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I agree with plokkey, it was hard at first but then I saw the major clue. its Ms. Baker.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

mrs.green

Tommy13z
Tommy13z
31 posts
Peasant

I think its Ms. Baker.......
She loves to make Pastries and i think Penelope Spilled the beans on some Secret recipe Ms. Baker had shown her......
And she also owed her some money......
Or im just completley Nuts here........

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

How far has anyone gotten with this? I can reasonably connect the knife and the letter of complaint and the suspect description of one person (all of which is possibly wrong), but I can't see how the other evidence (the magazine, the hair, the DNA evidence from the knife) would fit into place without stretching it a bit.

Showing 1-8 of 8