ForumsSupport ForumSelective Locking

12 2399
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I got this idea from Eddie13's post on "Suggestions for AG".

I was wondering if a thread could be locked, but only for certain people. Because like people make really good posts like Eddie13's, but they get spammed to death.

So i was thinking it would be cool to make it locked for everyone on AG except the original thread poster so that way they can still keep on posting suggestions or whatever, but there is no spam.

Also with no one else posting you don't have to search for the suggestions, there are the only ones there.

• 12 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think an ignore list would work better, where you would only see the posts of those who are NOT on your ignore list.

I don't think it is possible to lock a thread for certain people.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm..that could work well with an ignore list.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Hmm thats an awesome idea I love it actually good thinking Ricador.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Everything is possible, it's the difficulty that matters.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah that's what i was thinking of, an ignore list, i just could not remember the name.

But really if it was possible to do a mass "ignore" and only make it post able for the original maker, that would help. Because lets be honest, on a lot of those threads you don't actually need to post.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

How would it work?

A lot of people have constructive posts that build on an original idea...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Then have a mod lock it right after the user posts.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

And there are yet a lot of people who don't.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

But thew whole point of this section in the forums is to get input from other users about your ideas, and closing off threads would destroy the purpose of posting your ideas...

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=Agent_86]But thew whole point of this section in the forums is to get input from other users about your ideas, and closing off threads would destroy the purpose of posting your ideas...[/quote]

True that, locking topics just so people can't post in them completely defeats the purpose of a community discussion!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I'm not sure what you mean,but this could back fire because what if the topic itself is spam?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Agent_86 wrote:

But thew whole point of this section in the forums is to get input from other users about your ideas, and closing off threads would destroy the purpose of posting your ideas...

Well that is why you note the word
selective

The idea is not just to lock every single topic in this section.

Its just to lock the topics that have no need for responses. Something like "AG tips". The only responses stuff like that gets is "great idea" or "cool" or "thanks, i needed this". The responses are just spam and they flood the topic.

So that's why you only lock or make and ignore list for certain ones.
Showing 1-12 of 12