ForumsPopular Mediaheavy metal! come here to talk about

3 2004
chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

well my innitials are that i love helloween iron maiden and dragon force theyre my favorites

• 3 Replies
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Heavy metal to me is not considered decent music. There is no intrumental significants such as guitar for the most part. Well I can put up with it but death metal,come on people the guys cant sing worth hell,and they don't sing,they just make demonic sounds with their voice. I would rather heavy metal but still..go look up led zepelin,the beatles,even chuck berry.

Tokes
Tokes
17 posts
Nomad

Alot of people think death metal is "just noise" but alot of it is actually really technical. That's what most metal is about. And there's so many genres of metal you can't lump them all into "heavy metal". Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin is more classic heavy metal, but Dragonforce is power metal. I'm not a big fan of death metal myself but there is some stuff I can listen to.
Anyone like Opeth? They're a Swedish Melodic Death Metal Band. Really unique. Especially here in Canada. They'll go from aggressive, heavy music with growling to slow, acoustic, melodic riffs with soft vocals. Soooo good.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Tokes, you spoke the words out of my mouth. Opeth is the one band that proves every single closeminded rock listener wrong...and mikael akerfeldt is my hero.
As well, growling vocals are used as a rythmic instrument (like drums) versus a melodic instrument like vocals are usually used for. sure, its hard to listen to at first, but thats why u gotta start light in metalcore than work your way up from there, once you can stand it, you start to appreciate it. ecspecially when you try to growl for more than 5 minutes...or even try to do it with force. And as well, plz hear me on this account, 90% OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CAN SING with voice coaching. 90!!!! Singing isn't some impossible art to conquer...some can do it fantastically better than others, but 90% of ppl can. So do not go around saying that growling is easier to do...cuz i know 90% of ppl can't growl w/o snapping there vocal chords (*cough*A7X *cough*).

WITH all that said. I believe heavy metal is the term used to describe mettalica-esque sounding bands. Those with harsher vocals than mainstream, and heavyer sounds than mainstream "metal" but not really Thrash, and not really death....and i'm not the biggest fan of it, although i LOVE IRON MAIDEN

Showing 1-3 of 3