ForumsSupport ForumBanned Suggestion

15 2782
Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

This is just a simple suggestion and post your thoughts here I was thinking there should be a banned list with peple who are banned on it because I didn't know LilBoi was banned until I looked at a topic and someone said he got banned so post your thoughs here.

• 15 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Permanately banned peoples accounts are deleted, so you should know.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Yeah..... MaterChef117 just got permantly banned............. that sucks

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Oh snap! Lilboi got banned? I wonder where all the topics were? That would be like a Hall of Fame for some people. Just let it be mystique.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

I am really sorry and you are all going to hate me but i was the reason why lilboi got banned!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, I had no idea until 3 days later, I clicked on his profile to talk and it came up with the oops page. I only think you should get notified if one of your friends gets banned.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

If you look at my comment profile you will see why.......

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Having a list of members that have been banned would almost be an incentive for some users to try and get banned. When a user acts inappropriately enough to deserve a ban, we like to get it over with and move past the incident as quickly as possible. These people generally crave attention and we don't want to facilitate that need.
But please note, if you ever go to a member's profile and get an error page, chances are that member's account has been permanently banned.
The other users with temporary bans are usually back in 1-3 days, and giving a list out of these users would just encourage questions about what they did to get banned - again this is not something we want to have happening.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah the accounts are deleted. So if someone you know was banned, they won't be on your friends list anymore.

Also having a list is like rubbing it in thee face and laughing at them. And also, it's not something the mods want to do, i am sure they don't like it, which is why, like Moe said, they want to

get it over with
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I am really sorry and you are all going to hate me but i was the reason why lilboi got banned!

No no, he was the reason he got himself banned. You took no part in the actions he took.

But please note, if you ever go to a member's profile and get an error page, chances are that member's account has been permanently banned.

Exactly. If you get an 'Ooops!' page when you go to their profile, it means that they have been permanently banned.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Also having a list is like rubbing it in thee face and laughing at them.

Yea, we really don't want to add insult to injury here. Banning them, and then putting them on the 'bad' list for everyone to see seems like it would just lead to embarrassment.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for the double post, but reading Carlie's post now (which i could not do before due to the fact we posted at the same time) i realize that they are not deleted, but you get an oops page.

Does that always happen? Because when Screamer got banned, he disappeared off my friends list...:P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also this would explain why they are taken off the top ten list if they are banned,since if haven't noticed Carlie is now #3.Anyways this would be kind of bad for this site.Some sites already have something like this including all wetpaint sites(such as ArmorWiki)I'm glad we haven't had to use that list yet,but anyway it would be adding insult to injury and if someone is banned you will find out eventually.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Does that always happen? Because when Screamer got banned, he disappeared off my friends list...:P

It seems like the banning system have been updated. Before now, it would not take people off the leaderboard, and would keep them on your friends list. Seems like it takes them out now. I don't think that has ever happened before now.
Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

Oh sorry I really didn't think of it that way and but Sharkbate's profile was an Oops last month but I see him on sometimes.Lock this now if you like.

GamerUnleashed
GamerUnleashed
58 posts
Nomad

It wouldn't be a good idea itm ight hurt some people feelings if they were friends with them.

Showing 1-15 of 15