ForumsGamesGemcraft - Levelling up and the First Epic Boss

14 5761
jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Gemcraft is an addicting little game, but I have a question or two. I'm currently at level 19. I've played the missions just before the 1st Epic boss a bunch of times, but it seems that I'll be playing these same missions for the next 2 weeks unless I find a way to level up quicker. I've gotten a bunch of amulets etc, but this seems to take forever. Is there a quicker way to level up? I've tried the 1st Epic boss a few times, I guess my level just isn't high enough yet, got clobbered every time. Any tips/hints on beating him??

• 14 Replies
ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

Play the easier waves closer to the first epic and use the combine grade 4 gem (or higher) with the same color grade 1 gem about 30 times. You'll get an uber gem that beats a grade 7 and is easier to get and probably cheaper too. Plus you can fine tune it - don't need a high cost to keep upgrading it.

Unfortunately the epic level uses essentially a rainbow of gem colors. It's harder to pull off on that level, but I suggest giving it a shot at least once. Heck you probably could be the epic right now if you did the above properly.

ChildofBodom
ChildofBodom
280 posts
Nomad

i have the exact same problem so i just stopped playing

masterchieflol
masterchieflol
20 posts
Nomad

you just have to keep trying.you will eventualy find a way to beat him. i did

moj21
moj21
3 posts
Scribe

you mast gem bombs thrown

tohnicholas
tohnicholas
126 posts
Jester

use a lot of towers with only 3 grade6 gems and trenches, if you can't hold it longer use your remaining mana to buy a grade 6 gem(if you had enough mana), who knows that you had bought a same color gem and a same grade? just combine it and gem bomb the epic boss(combine farther if you had 2 or 2x the same gem grade and color). when attacking, move your gems to your next tower and so on......and last NEVER BUY ANYTHING WHEN THE EPIC BOSS ARRIVES.

TheWarTank33
TheWarTank33
1,081 posts
Nomad

I beat it a while ago by saving enough mana to survive it going through 2 times. it's kinda ez...so is the 2nd epic boss

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I decided to quit since I couldnt beat the 1st epic boss. I wish theyd tell u how to beat it!

sxzpyro
sxzpyro
26 posts
Nomad

my simple version to cheat and win!
1. get cheat engine 5.4
2. beat 1st lv
3. use 1 piont on the 1st skill then search 8
4. use another point on 1st skill, and search 16
5. if needed: use another point on 1st skill and search 24
6. now there should b 1 adress take it down and change it to 800000
7.play next lv u start with 6 mil mana

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

tht kinda takes the fun out of the game

anathor
anathor
19 posts
Nomad

its easy, you need the mana gain fraom killing , and the cheaper gems skill. combine some gems at first and increase ur mana pool like a retard then build 5-6 towers then just combining and watering the road and the final boss will be easy.

OmgYourDead
OmgYourDead
16 posts
Nomad

Well it took me a couple tries, but this is how i did it,

1. only use purple red lime and yeloow gems if you can avoid the others, grade 4 or higher is what you need.

2. make sure you have 6-10k mana.

3. get at least three grade 5 gems and 1 grade 6 gem.

4. make sure you have a full bar of mana by wave 28, and only use it on another mana poll if you get max, BUT ONLY 1!

5. let it the boss go around one time, then use your strongest gem, hopefully the grade 6, to move around with the boss.

6. when it gets past the last tower the second time around, it should have about 3k to 4k health left, throw all your gems at it.

I know this is a lot, but i did it and it worked well. Also, just put the towers near the entrance. hope this helps.

Pieman831
Pieman831
20 posts
Nomad

i actually have 2 youtube videos explaining how to get to a high level early and how to beat the first epic boss. Here they are.
Easy early leveling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDpOsJgEGYg
First epic boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gyJUjph2Hw&feature=user

Hope those help. If they don't work, comment my profile or utube vids and i will get back to you.

Pieman831
Pieman831
20 posts
Nomad

..... the links r corrupted =O. Use these[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gyJUjph2Hw&feature=user]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDpOsJgEGYg&feature=user]

Dragonpearl
Dragonpearl
1 posts
Nomad

the first epic boss is kinda hard but i managed to defeat it with anathor exdact strategie.

Showing 1-14 of 14