ForumsSupport ForumVote up/down suggestions.

39 5042
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So. I am thinking instead of all the spam that is brought into threads like "I like the idea" or "I agree". So I am thinking there should be a button letting you vote the idea up or down. Showing a good representation of what the masses like, and it should stop stupid comments, or at least make them spam so they can be deleted or user warned. Also will make room for proper discussion about the subject instead of having to tread through stupid comments to actually try and discuss things.

• 39 Replies
ShadowWalking
ShadowWalking
15 posts
Nomad

Not sure what your getting at.

They have a flagging option.

ShadowWalking
ShadowWalking
15 posts
Nomad

Yeah that is a good idea. And sorry wasn't sure what you meant before.

except for the stopping the spam comments. How does that play a role?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This has nothing to do with flagging. This is a system to vote an idea up or down, almost like voting up comments except it will keep track of how many votes up and down. Giving a good view of how many people like or dislike it. Also it will mean no more comments like "I like it" or short stuff.

ShadowWalking
ShadowWalking
15 posts
Nomad

Ok so that makes sense then. doesn't actually stop them from being posted, just noticed. Is that right?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well people keep posting things like

"I like the idea"
"I agree!"
"This is a good idea, good job!"
etc.

And they get away with it because it's on subject
With this these comments will be considered spam and be flagged. So instead of wadding through all these useless comments and hopefully all the comments have to be relating to the subject and are really useful. Good healthy argument on the subject.

ShadowWalking
ShadowWalking
15 posts
Nomad

Got ya. Makes much more sense then.

Mods go through amd it's easier to see the spammy comments, bam! Gone

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yes. Will just make it so that they shouldn't be posting this, meaning it would be considered spam and deleted!

MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

Has anybody been on youtube, every comment has an up/down arrow, to indicate whether they agree on the comment, or if the comment is useful. Maybe all comments with 5 down arrows are not to be shown. Idk just a thought

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Many sites already have something similar to this system.Even ArmorWiki has the option of saying whether a post was helpful or not.I don't know exactly how they would differ ideas,from issues in the S&S section,but I'm sure this could work out,if they don't have an issue with it not being an original idea.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Spam is not big enough a problem to implement something like this into the site. This would also raise the suspision that if enough people vote up an idea, it will most likely be implimented into the site. In fact the less popular ideas are usually the ones to make it while the popular ones are usually very ill-thought and discarded.

I think this idea would be better after spam became a bigger issue on this site. There realy is not all that much spam on here.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Not really. First of all I think people might think this is for comments but this is for the actual S&S threads. And this isn't about spam this is mainly to bring out good ideas. NoName, AG has never put on something to the site that wasn't a popular suggestion, if everyone hates it I don't think they would be adding it, would defeat the point. Also probably 70% of all the posts in S&S are useless spam that either say I agree or I don't. You might not find it to be spam but it is and it's annoying for people trying to actually get a point across in a thread.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yeh and if it gets 10 vote ups it's a merit. or it can just be merited with out 10 vote ups

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

yeah, this is a good Idea.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I hope they put it into consideration.

Lige
Lige