ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3193638
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
Teeheegirl123
Teeheegirl123
164 posts
Nomad

Runner up... at least I did well :P

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

You definitely did, Teeheegirl. Swim on, l'il fishy!

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

temperature you say? hmmm...I just might skip this round :P

and alt you should try the French Merlot...good stuff good stuff...with it some good cheese

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

That was a great poem teeheegirl, and Fallen's and Parsat's was too. GOOD JOB ALL OF YOU PEOPLE!

Temperature? Geezus. this is a toughie. Maybe I will enter one later... I dont have much time right now...

oh and alt, I am sorry for you and your aunt. Hope she gets better ):

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Well Alt, did you ever try Californian wine?...
As for my second place...I guess it's better than nothing hey! But why the ''Crouton'' thing Alt!
I'll be sure to enter that one too when I'll find the inspiration...can't think on a chair so I'll see what I can do tomorrow when walking to my FINAL ANTHROPOLOGY EXAM ARGGGGGHHHHH!! Anthropology is so dull and boring T_T

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Woah Alt, check this judging post!
Posted may 10 '10 at 10:10
Freaky!
This post was just to congratulate Parsat and Teeheegirl and to wish good luck to all for the next round!
I'm also very sorry to hear about your aunt Alt, I seriously hope she gets better anytime soon...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

that would be creepy if this was in october... 10/10/10 10:10 XD

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

But why the ''Crouton'' thing Alt!

Your name sounds like the word crouton, lol. At least according to MSN :P

But hey, my last name can be likened to a common item too. But I shan't reveal it here~

Also, I purposely timed the judging post.

AND, I gave you guys an extra week so you could work with the theme, because I know it's difficult. Challenging yourself is important to improving as a poet and a writer in general~

Also, yes, Californian wine is good. At least the stuff my dad buys >_>

I don't drink wine very often, though. A sip every now and then. And my dad filters out the mediocre stuff and only lets me try the best, so I'm probably biased because of that.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Ah yes, that darned family name...hmph that's true, so YOU know!
Grrrrrr...
Hahahaha...I knew that the posting was purposely timed, I knew it!
Well it is inevitable that you'll be biased if you don't try lower quality wines...you may also find that the said cheaper wines come up quite strongly and are not as subtle. I have some knowings in wine waiting but I don't have the english vocabulary to explain it here and won't bother searching every term as this is a poetry thread.
Sadly Alt, part of knowing wine is to experience bad wine ^^.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

WTF. YOU GUYS DRINK WINE?! whaaaa? That is illegal.... O.o

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Fallen does not live in the USA. So it is legal.

And I only take sips from time to time.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Yup, here the legal age to drink is 18 moonfairy.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Ohhhhhh. I never caught that. xD LUCKY. and wow ur 18? daaang.
Our liquor cabinet is unlocked. :3
my parents thinks it would be better if I was able to hold my liquor before I turn 21, so I won't Screw up my life so young. so when i am 17, i get to drink at home for once. xP
And this theme is hard! i tried to write something for like 30 minutes. I don't know if i want to have a serious theme, or a playful one.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

So am I right in guessing that any kind of poem is accepted here?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Yes. As long as it's even remotely related to the theme of the week~

Showing 2116-2130 of 3868