ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3180343
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So what's the next topic?
I'm waiting...
I hope it's one that suits me. :P

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Gantic, What you said up there. That is a poem in itself, i think you'd do very good on that topic....

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

I like the topic "servival" what it takes to servive in this world? idk i am just throwing out random topics...

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Sonnet

Sonnets and Villanelles are the epitome of evil poetry (when you have to write them yourself)

How about a broad universal human theme?

-Betrayal
-Regret
-Love lost
-Justice
-Exhilaration
-Ecstasy
-Forlornness
-Rejection
-Courage
-Hope
-Loneliness
-Innovation
-Chaos
-Order
-Utopia
-Dystopia
-Insanity
-Neglect

And because these would be easier to copy, threaten stiffer retribution for doing so.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Topic - Greed!
A nice and quite expressive topic?

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I liked the idea of Utopia and Dystopia by Necromancer...I think it would be interesting.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Greeds good i ike that topic i think we would see a lot of different view points on that...but i do not think it would be easy

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

mvpguy posted:
Utopia and Dystopia
Sorry but what does that mean??

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Maybe a romance topic would be nice!

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

@adrecka_33:

Utopia means it's about a perfect world.
I'm pretty sure dystopia means the opposite, a chaotic world.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Thanks Shark7996

CommanderC
CommanderC
120 posts
Nomad

I honestly don't like to speculate about the next topic. I prefer the challenge of writing about a topic I really haven't been thinking about.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Right now i would like any topic as long as week find out soon, and thank u very much lytnin.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, we're back in action this week!!!

Thanks for all the great topic ideas, they really made me think and made it a lot easier to make a topic this week. So what is the topic?

Utopia! Thanks to Necromancer for the great topic idea.

Basically, write a poem about a 'erfect world', as you see it. Remember, plot twists or surprises make poems interesting, and try to keep the rhyme scheme (if you include one) regular. It makes a poem easier to read.

Good luck, and have fun!

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Added note: Remember, each contest lasts a week, so the cutoff date is Saturday for poems.

Showing 106-120 of 3868