ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3213241
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
wistress
wistress
262 posts
Peasant

Didn't I read in a post somewhere that judging would be on the 22nd?
If I am mistaken, I apologize ahead of time.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

No your right wistress but hey these things happen sometimes judging is late... oh well.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

judging is late... oh well.

Adreka told me herself that she would be punctual. Hehe.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

My judging is always on time!

But like I say it doesn't matter if it gets done yesterday, today or tommorow. It doesn't affect my life higely (ok it does a little)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

But like I say it doesn't matter if it gets done yesterday, today or tommorow. It doesn't affect my life higely (ok it does a little)

Lulz. Pixie I can't imagine that you went around the thread to find that quote...
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Its on page 104, you said:

Btw, the judging will be punctual...or at least almost right? Unless something unexpected crops up...

And adrecka said:

My judging is always on time! Or at least I try too. But yes it will. And speaking of that, you guys only have 2 days left and we need a lot more entrees.

Maybe there aren't enough entrees...

You must have a strange idea of who I am if ya think I'd look for a quote like that. I'm not some quote0mad-monster.... oh wait yes I am. lol
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You must have a strange idea of who I am if ya think I'd look for a quote like that. I'm not some quote0mad-monster.... oh wait yes I am. lol

Grawr! Every single post on the 'Rate the Above User's Fame' thread has some quote...
wistress
wistress
262 posts
Peasant

No your right wistress but hey these things happen sometimes judging is late... oh well.

WHEW! I thought I was seeing things ... anyway, there were quite a few entrees ..they were just mingled with a bunch of posts that weren't poems. That might be the problem; Adreka is probably having a little bit of a hard time inspecting all the post to look for the poems.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

WHEW! I thought I was seeing things ... anyway, there were quite a few entrees ..they were just mingled with a bunch of posts that weren't poems. That might be the problem; Adreka is probably having a little bit of a hard time inspecting all the post to look for the poems.

Not many pages to skim through though. About 8 of them. They're just hiding like rabbits in their little burrows.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

"Exams today
I hate thee
Now go away
Let me free"

Poetry fail (c) me. I highly doubt anyone would care to take the honour of that, though....

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Lol what a wonderful poem Cen!
Has your mind got round the bend?
Now I have nothing more to say,
Why don;t I call it a day?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

*Gone round.

My bad. Spelling error. What a shame!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

My go!!!

There once was a man from Blenus,
Who had a gian....

Ok maybe not

Good poems though Cen and nicho though Cen! and bend? is a great rhyme

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Blenus...Lulz Pixie. Great job on that. Cen is round the bend! Now for something that rhymes with Cenny...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

There once was a man named Cenny,
He had a house, not one but many.
He went on AG,
And ate a pea.
Then looked at the floor and found a penny.

See rhymy-ness

Showing 1021-1035 of 3868