ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3229091
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh don't worry, I'm still alive. I just pretended to die.

Anyway, I have yet another sinus infection, and now that the weekend's coming up, I'll have ample time to judge.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Nothing a superdose of Vitamin C can't fix.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

Yup, time to rely yet again on the good old orange juice.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

So I've went through every page of the poetry contest and analyzed how long it took each judge to judge the contest. It's quite enlightening...will post all charts and information as soon as alt finishes this one.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Wow... I haven't been on in like 2 weeks AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I looked forward to reviewing judgement but it looks like thats not gonna happen!
Would you like a side of Epic with that Fail?
Cmon Alt. Even though I have little faith that I will place, I still wanna know.
SO GET TO IT!!!!!

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Every page, Parsat? All 257?
Exactly what mixture of "Dedication" and "Too Much Time On His Hands" is that concoction?
I mean, it would be interesting, but God that's really...uh...time consuming.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

Submerged in a sea of gold
What can all these riches hold
Laughter, thrills and other emotions
drowning in them like a sea or ocean

Depression, suicide, shadows and betray
Darker then the endless waters of the ocean

Fame, fortune, life and death
Attention, criticism and the need for rest

What can all these riches hold?
They hold nothing unless you have something,
an anchor to reality, something to keep you from drowning in this sea of gold.

What can all these riches hold?

~Exbo

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Hyper, all 256 (because it was before this 257th page) plus all 16 pages from the original contest thread here. Although, the page number doesn't matter because judging is measured in days, not pages.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

So does my poem not make it into judging?

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

Perhaps a substitute judge should be organised for the times when Alt is unable to do it. One of the previous judges?

So does my poem not make it into judging?

Well technically the time for submissions has closed but usually the judges are a little lenient and take poems right up till the judging time.
ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

Well technically the time for submissions has closed but usually the judges are a little lenient and take poems right up till the judging time.

I hope so, but if no I will just have to try again. Writing poetry never hurt anyone.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

It's well past the two week deadline and I think we can all agree that someone, anyone, should judge soon. I cannot do it right now, but if it's amenable to everyone, I would be more than happy to sub in for Alt and judge this round as I have not entered.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I'm on judging vacation myself.
To wait or not to wait; that is the question.

I cannot do it right now, but if it's amenable to everyone, I would be more than happy to sub in for Alt and judge this round as I have not entered.

Let's give Alt another day or two I say. Even lateness to its furthermost extent has to end up sooner or later right...Right?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I was thinking we should get it judged by Wednesday if Alt hasn't do so by that point.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I was thinking we should get it judged by Wednesday if Alt hasn't do so by that point.

Fair enough, though even if it works for me, the average Ag citizen may not be so patient.
Let's see whether the others agree or not.

Showing 2491-2505 of 3868