ForumsSupport ForumGetting credit for our threads

14 2279
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, I just had this idea right now, and I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if they could put the threadmaker's username right next to the thread name? I mean, I know it's not a big deal, but it would make me feel more special when I make a good thread. +<

• 14 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well I don't think the creator matters more than the idea itself, it's a bit egotistical for the author to want credit so much... and people would start avoiding certain posts because of the author which is wrong, cause some people I am not so fond of have made very good suggestions and I would've just passed by! :/

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It was just an idea I thought of in the shower.

Sometimes it's a good idea to sing in the shower so you don't think of something crazy.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Like Klaushouse wrote -- people would start being selective, other forums normally have: "Thread started by" column, but it's best to explore the thread itself. I mean, you're already getting credit when the person sees the first post and realize: "hey, this guy/gal started the thread. But God... the idea reeked/rocked, etc"

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

WHOA, okay. It was just an idea I thought of in the shower. CURSE YOU, SHOWER!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, but sometimes it's a good idea to think in the shower so you don't sing something crazy. +<

Yes, but sometimes it's a good idea to sing about thinking in the shower so you don't think of singing crazy.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Sometimes it's a good idea to sing in the shower so you don't think of something crazy.

Yes, but sometimes it's a good idea to think in the shower so you don't sing something crazy. +<
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I already took a shower! xD

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Yes, but sometimes it's good to eventually take a shower so you'll stop jumping back and forth from my thread to that one about jobs! (inside joke)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, well. Back to the shower!

You ran out of towels. Time to go to the mall.

btw, I guess this ain't a very good idea.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Dang, man, no wonder you have so much AP, I can barely keep up with you!

Anyway, this topic has pretty much died in 20 minutes. Oh, well. Back to the shower!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol are you guys gay.
Cause I am totally okay with that.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of just giving credit to me under each thread... :/

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I like this idea, even though it's very small. This would draw people to the threads Moderators make.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

What Klaushouse said. If an Ex-Spammer posted an idea that revolutionized AG, and no one read it because they hated the thread-maker, it would pretty much suck. Anyway, I always look at the person who created the thread when I click on one. Also, having another column on the Forums would make it a bit displeasing to the eye. I wouldn't want to see so many words, especially if the creator has a long username. So, I'm not with this idea.

Showing 1-14 of 14