ForumsArt, Music, and Writingi need help about a tablet plz help!!!

7 3161
charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

hi we as in me and my brothers just got flash 8 pro and we want to get a tablet a to draw stuff on the flash so we want to know wat is a good one under $300 plz help and post a pic if you can

• 7 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Cheap tablets, I am not sure, ask Strop he recently bought a tablet he would know.

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

ok thx (any one can still help me)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Getting a tablet? First off, I'm moving this to the art forum...

Now, it's true that I recently bought one. If you're wanting to go from zero to sheer awesome as quick as possible, I would suggest not skimping on forking out, but since budget is important, I'd go for a Wacom Intuos3 6x8. If you can secure an educational pack (i.e. if you're attending high school/college you should qualify no problem) you should be able to buy that model for less than 300USD.

Here's a link to the product overview. In dot point form:

* I recommend 6x8 because it's the perfect size to balance quality, sensitivity and convenience (I can carry this in my laptop bag).

* I would also recommend testing it out first, and a little patience because tablets can take a while to get used to especially if you haven't used the computer to draw before.

* You will have to search (Google) for the educational pack or research the best price yourself. I've only linked you to the product info.

* If you want a super-cheap alternative, I hear that German superchain Aldi sells their own brand which is *nearly* (read: not) as good for a paltry $75. Though I don't know if Aldi exists where you're at.

Hope this helps.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Haha I know about Aldi! I saw it there once xD

I want a tablet too...but I didn't think I really need one - I decided to work on getting a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and a SLR Camera for my Birthday...

Oh...I don't know much about tablets - Sorry I can't help!

KingRYan

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

hey i got a tablet today a wacom bamboo thx for the help it works great

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Bamboos are like mini-tablets, but I've tested them and they work well.

I hear nothing but good things about Wacom products, which would be an indication of why they're the industry gold-standard.

Have fun

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

yah thx alot strop the tablet works great (you can delete this topic now thx alot

Showing 1-7 of 7