ForumsProgramming ForumAG Based Game idea-Developers wanted.

7 3738
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys I read a thread suggesting that AG make a game about myself and this inspired me to create an idea for a new innovative defense game.The only issue is I don't know how to fully use flash yet,and don't have enough money to get the program,so I thought I would tell it to you guys.

Note:I will be going into full detail with this.You may have to read all of the sections to understand how each one works.A lot of descriptions refer to each other at times.

Idea:Flash defense game,where you have to defend the AG server as one of the Admins of AG from things such as spammers,hackers,and such while also trying to avoid banning normal users that are trying to log on.Whenever a normal person logs on you get money,which can be used to make the website better,with things like firewalls,mods,and new anti-spammer weapons.Whenever a enemy gets into the server you lose users,and this will cause you to lose money.If you hit a regular user then you will not get the money from them entering the server.(by the way the server is like the house type place you have to defend)

Weapons:

Locking tool:While this is not very lethal to hackers and alot of spammers.It can deal with a fair amount of new users,and immature teenagers,but it will take a couple more hits to deal with the IT's(immature teens) then it would if you were to have a delete tool.

Delete tool: This weapon will deal with alot more of the IT's faster,and new users at the same rate.It will slow down spammers and persistent spammers a little,but it will take alot to take them down with it.

Temporary Ban tool:This is a fairly lethal tool that will put IT's in their place the first time around,and will take out spammers after awhile,and is also fairly useful against persistent spammers,but is still not very lethal.

Permanent Ban tool:This takes spammers out of play fairly quickly,and can also take out persistent spammers eventually,but it will still take some time.

IP Ban tool:While this doesn't exist in AG for many reasons.It can be useful in-game to take care of persistent banners.Although proxy spammers will start to become an issue eventually,and they will take quite a few hits to take down with this tool.

Ultimate Banning tool:This is pretty much a tool that makes the spammers computer crash so they will never get back on again.So even if the person has like 7 proxies it will do them no good.

Users:

Normal users:These are just regular users which you can profit from

Good Samaritan Users:These are special users that both help get you money,but also help your defenses by reporting spam.(pretty much if you have a anti-spam system or firewall already up then the health of those will increase)

New users(noobs):While they are not lethal and are seen mainly in the beginning of the game,they tend to cause issues still.Once you have hit them once with the locking tool they will convert over to a normal user.

Immature teenager:These aren't really spammers,but they tend to go against the rules once in awhile.They tend to calm down and convert over to regular users after a couple deleted threads,or their first temporary ban.

Spammers:

Normal Spammers:These are just your run of the mill annoying people.Once they are temporarily banned a couple of times,or permanently banned the first time,then they will be taken care of.

Persistent Spammers:These guys are more annoying sense they look similar to regular spammers,but they tend to make new accounts multiple times,in order to bug people even more.It will take quite a few permanent bans to defeat them,or simply a IP Ban.

Proxy Spammers:These guys hide their IP's behind proxies so you will have to IP ban them multiple times before they are taken care of.The Computer Crash system will deal with them though.

Hackers:

Sneaky Hackers:These guys tend to disguise themselves as normal users until they get fairly close,and then they will try to go for the server.You usually will have very little time to deal with them.

Account Hackers:These are the most annoying units of the game.When you ban them they will sometimes take over normal users accounts,and become persistent spammers.The computer crash system is the only thing that can deal with them for sure.

Sneaky Account Hackers:These are pretty much hackers that are a combo of the first two.They are made to be a pain to deal with.

Network Hackers:These hackers are almost like bosses within the game,and if you don't defeat them then they will crash the server with viruses and you will lose all of your current users mods upgrades and cash.You will still be able to continue,but I don't think you will want to.

Defenses:

Spam detection system:This is a system that deals with a majority of the spam within the game,but can only deal with so much of it.

Fire Wall:This is a system that helps deal with alot of sneaky hackers and such.

Mod-Bots:This is a system that deals with alot more spam and hackers then the other two systems combined.

Units:

Guardians:While they don't exist.This was a suggestion,and what they do is they take care of any excess immature and new users.

Mods:They are units that help deal with alot of extra spammers,and hackers.They have the power to ban if necessary.

Other Admins:While they cost a lot of money to hire.They can deal with alot of excess hackers and spammers with IP bans.

OK that's a extremely detailed description of the game idea,and I hope someone picks it up.It's just something I thought through for about three days,or so before I decided to post it here.I hope you guys like it.

• 7 Replies
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Wow. It looks like you really have thought all this through.

So will this be a normal defense game where all users will "walk in a row" to get to the server or what? Do you have any sketches or concept art?

I would love to help, but I am still a beginner as well.

I didn't read through all of the different types of units and such (it's a pretty big list) but it seems like a great idea.

If you want some more ideas, perhaps you could make it progressive, and start out as the owner of a small web server. Then, as your business expands, you add more connections to your server (which means more and faster incoming traffic = more money but also more hackers and spammers). Then, more servers etc...

This is really getting me thinking. I like it.

I'll try to get ahold of you again when I get more "learned" in Flash.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK thanks.I like the idea of opening more servers,which would make it tougher.I just noticed this post after awhile of working on my site for the last week or so.I am glad some one likes it,and also I never post a idea without thinking it through a lot.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I was hoping that I could get more of a response for this,but I already have two more original defense game ideas,which I may or may not post depending on whether or not I manage to get a flash program for myself.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Mods: They are units that help deal with alot of extra spammers,and hackers.They have the power to ban if necessary.

You should have general mods and then a moderator character for the Armorgames mods, like a Devoidless with "spam vaporizing laser eyes" or a Moe with an Anti-Spam Machine Gun. lol
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I think it's not too friendly for the general player, if most people knew how forums works, there wouldn't be as much spam

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Given the number of games specifically about NewGrounds, I believe something like this for AG would be pretty neat, actually.

You should have general mods and then a moderator character for the Armorgames mods, like a Devoidless with "spam vaporizing laser eyes" or a Moe with an Anti-Spam Machine Gun. lol

That would be awesome. You could have like a special 'flag' function that you click on a bothersome user or maybe message and it like calls a special mod attack depending on just how bad the message/user is. I have dibs on the ninja slice and mass-shuriken barrage!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm glad more people are commenting on the game idea and that you guys like it,and are coming up with new suggestions for it.I hope this game becomes a reality some day.

Showing 1-7 of 7