ForumsSupport ForumWhy can't moderators delete locked topics?

12 2251
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Just wondering why the moderators can't delete the locked topics. Like the the last pages of videogames, forum games, popular media... are all locked topics so why can't they just delete them. I want this to happen because its worth nothing having some topics that you can't write on???!!!
They locked and deleted like 10 of my topics well i don't really care just trying to do my best!

• 12 Replies
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

they keep them there so that people can see why they were locked. if they delete a topic, they can't explain why the topic was deleted.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

well maybe after 2 weeks im sure they'll know already???

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

no they dont keep them there so people see why it was locked.they keep them there because everyone who posted on there would lose alot of points.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

No they can.

it's just that way they are kind of there to say "look at me, i was locked because of-" then whatever the reason was. It's just there as an example.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

oh thanx theone99 now i understand

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

yep he explained it pretty good

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We can delete them. However, when they are deleted, all of the posts will be erased, and the points for those posts will be lost. So if we go back and delete a bunch of locked threads, then people would start losing quite a few points.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah,they do have the power to delete topics.especially ones that get REALLY innapropiate.but then points *Poof*
gone.but thats what they get for immaturity.Well,and also sometimes there is a glitch that if you see a *blank*"Last post" then a toppic got deleted.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

.but that's what they get for immaturity

Well not everyone is immature in those threads. Is there a way to just delete specific posts.
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

i'm pretty sure they can delete posts. i know some of my posts have been deleted.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK but I don't quite understand.The question was already answered,but yet usually mods would have already locked a thread like this by now.Anyways I would say something on topic,but since everything I would say,has already been said,then their is no point to it.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, I was waiting for it to die out, but oh well.

Showing 1-12 of 12