Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

[RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

Posted Jul 16, '11 at 9:30am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

spaming

SPAM = Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.

Examples:
Hey.
Nice.
Cool.
Great game you have there.
This thread is awesome.

Most likely posts and comments that are under seven words in length, and posts and comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

flaming

Person 1: Hey, nice day we're having!
Person 1: Hey, person 1, you're stupid! [insert curse words here]

badgering

It's basically the same as flaming, but I think you are harassing them more, like going to their profile and sending them a comment, and even stalking their posts in the forums flaming them.

trolling

Basically, a person who posts in the forums or in comments with the primary intent of provoking an emotional response. It can also mean people who go into threads being off-topic, derailing the threads.

Examples:
Thread Title: Movies
Person 2: I prefer reading because movies suck and everyone who watches them is bad!

Person 1: I like movies that are about heroes.
Person 2: The movies you watch suck!

There are some little descriptions of each here.

Posted Jul 16, '11 at 12:22pm

soniclover22

soniclover22

43 posts

Great! I was looking for a list of rules, I love it here at armorgames
and I do NOT want to be banned... thanks for putting this all together here for us!

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 11:51pm

bschnauzer7

bschnauzer7

294 posts

That's a really simple set of rules (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but I think it's kinda funny how he said "excessive" swearing and language.

Posted Jul 28, '11 at 7:44pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

do you get points for posting on your own profile?

No. But posting lots of messages on your own profile serves no real purpose because (a) you don't get points and (b) if you're replying to a comment someone else made, they'll never know unless they happen to visit your profile again later.

Posted Aug 10, '11 at 10:58am

weter506

weter506

157 posts

Thanks for this topic,now i can do my posts with security.

Posted Aug 13, '11 at 9:41pm

SierraCastaway

SierraCastaway

70 posts

Points? You can get points for posting? Wow.

And referring links...? you mean, listing a link of another website you play on? really? Is this website  too desperate to lose their members?

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 9:41pm

ibnr4u2c

ibnr4u2c

7 posts

im kind of new to armor games but i can see the rules are fare ps. is there a forum on how to make an avatar

Posted Aug 19, '11 at 2:23pm

diggy208

diggy208

5 posts

these rules are very simple to follow thanks Armor games :)

Posted Aug 21, '11 at 4:25am

TheLegitGamer

TheLegitGamer

174 posts

I have a question.
Will points be erased if you make rapid comments on the forums but they are actually still good comments that exceed over 10 words. I do this a lot and I'm not sure if this counts as spam. I type really fast and I do make good forum posts.

Posted Aug 21, '11 at 4:33am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

If they don't pertain to the topic, it's spam, and if you don't even go into detail about something it'll probably be considered spam. Example: "What's your favorite video game?" "Assassin's Creed." If you don't put in why or even explain a little it'll probably get deleted.

Reply to [RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

You must be logged in to post a reply!