Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

[RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

Posted Dec 7, '11 at 10:10am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Uhm, it depends. If you are posting directly towards the videos and add proper descriptions in the posts (so it's not just a link, but an actual post with content and relevance towards the thread, the topic and the current discussion), you are good.

I don't really stand to gain much from advertising my 15 view videos xD

You don't have to gain anything from the advertising for it to be against the rules, though. It just has to be a "Look at this"-type to count, since threads and posts should add discussion and content to the section/thread.

Posted Dec 11, '11 at 2:52pm

invalid777

invalid777

833 posts

whats trolling

Like creating a new forum topic and asking "How to I create a new topic?" or "HOW DO I TURN CAPS LOCK OFF?"

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 12:18pm

LucasDaLegend

LucasDaLegend

378 posts

whats trolling

Trolling is saying something off topic e.g:

Title: How do i earn merits?

User1: i think that you need to write something useful in the comment section.

Troller: Oh By the way guys, have you seen that movie that is out? i think it is called red 1234 or something like that.

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 12:21pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,628 posts

Knight

Troller: Oh By the way guys, have you seen that movie that is out? i think it is called red 1234 or something like that.

It generally means being a prick or jerk. I would link Urban Dictionary but nah, in case some kiddies start whining.

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 12:26pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Trolling is saying something off topic e.g:

Title: How do i earn merits?

No. That is being a moron and offtopic, and kinda spammy.
Not trolling.

Trolling, in all its simplicity, would be to write something to spark anger, sadness or other negative emotions, and doing so hoping for those reactions to occur.
Rarely done properly, as most miss the main goal of getting others banned without getting banned yourself.
Some might consider trolling to be, say, post in a lot of really old threads and wonder if that will piss someone off. It's not trolling, it is just stupidity.
Making a hundred accounts breaking the rules and posting obscene content on the site, just to get the accounts banned over and over is not trolling either, it is account suicide.

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 12:34pm

LucasDaLegend

LucasDaLegend

378 posts

@Cenere

Oh i must have gotton confused because in the Community Forum Rules & Regulations it says this:

- No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.

I think that i had gotten confused at it saying "off-topic messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply."

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 12:59pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Yeah, it's the "controversial" part that is important in it. It doesn't have to be offtopic either.

It generally means being a prick or jerk.

I am trolling pretty darn hard most of the time.

Posted Dec 18, '11 at 8:17am

Jsc1998

Jsc1998

10 posts

Thankyou for the info, I'm a newcomer =P

Posted Dec 28, '11 at 9:40am

invalid777

invalid777

833 posts

People think im not following the rules. am i?

Well, I assume so. Why else are you banned?

Posted Dec 29, '11 at 11:00am

paladin2286

paladin2286

141 posts

Do the rules including Bring the old(a month or above)topics back into the first page?

Reply to [RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

You must be logged in to post a reply!