ForumsNewcomers Forum[RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

209 59826
Carlie
Carlie
6,925 posts

The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!

- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.
- No discussion of piracy or illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.
- Do not post links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not post advertising or referral links.
- No excessive swearing or language.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.

Borrowed from the Rules and Guidelines page.

• 209 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,744 posts

Just wondering, doubt I'll get banned, but in case I am, does the rule of not making a new acc when banned only apply to the forum?

No. If you are banned and you make a new account to circumvent the ban, you are guilty of said circumvention no matter if you do not visit the forums, do not comment or for that matter only log on to read other people's comments. The moment a new account is made, you have broken the rules.
Also to be considered: You might be banned for something not done on the forums, after all. Spamming is spamming no matter if it is in the comments or on the forums. Harassment is harassment no matter if it is on a profile or on the forums.

And, well, these rules are technically not just for the forums, but rather for all interaction with the site.
musiceaze
musiceaze
1 posts

thanks for the tips!

mattb777
mattb777
21 posts

Wait, what if you post a short comment because you forgot to put something important in your post? I can't edit my posts, but I have only posted one short reply because of that reason.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts

Wait, what if you post a short comment because you forgot to put something important in your post?

Make a follow up post and request your previous one to be deleted. If it's in the comments section on games it doesn't matter that much seeing as how many game comments are posted a day - it'll just get buried.
redcreator
redcreator
13 posts

The rules are very simple and easy to follow. They're just common sense rules.

shadowking1234
shadowking1234
1 posts

ok. now i know what the rules are. thanks!!

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,291 posts

For those who dont know what flaming, badgering, trolling and spamming is:
Let me say one thing, keep your comments useful, long, on-topic, dont curse and do not react like you are angry or anything.

Btw some people dont even read the rules because... oh well... they dont want to. Yes, i have been spamming sometimes, but im trying to fix it (not going very well) so we could put some of these rules on our profiles and comment on newcomers profiles that they need to read the rules and if they have, thank them. Well... i dunno if this could work, but some people dont read the rules and... well... You know what i mean.

Abzo11
Abzo11
3 posts

Thank you now i know how to behave on the forum.

gabinator1000
gabinator1000
1 posts

this makes sense i can do this but my caps sometimes gets stuck

JayLeno
JayLeno
12 posts

thanks Carlie, but what is trolling?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,187 posts

thanks Carlie, but what is trolling?

For those who dont know what flaming, badgering, trolling and spamming is:
Let me say one thing, keep your comments useful, long, on-topic, dont curse and do not react like you are angry or anything.

Trolling:
Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Urban Dictionary.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,291 posts

Ha! Thats a nice dictionary there Shona. I think that could deffinetly explain people what trolling is

-Jeff

shadowkagerou
shadowkagerou
13 posts

I will try to abide by the Forum rules

Thank you for the guidelines. They are so easy to understand, unlike some forums I've encountered (LOL)

gribus
gribus
2 posts

good work

Showing 196-209 of 209