ForumsNewcomers Forum[RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

209 59832
Carlie
Carlie
6,925 posts

The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!

- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.
- No discussion of piracy or illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.
- Do not post links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not post advertising or referral links.
- No excessive swearing or language.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.

Borrowed from the Rules and Guidelines page.

• 209 Replies
raddy42
raddy42
22 posts

how do you make the tac by your topic?

Aken0008
Aken0008
9 posts

So basically, the same rules as most other forums.

ziva
ziva
15 posts

the rules are pretty basic...shouldnt be complaining

Dionyzus
Dionyzus
1 posts

I totally don't know wut trolling or flaming is, but spamming is really annoying.
oh, and great job keeping the rules short and sweet. i hate it when sites take pages and pages explaining simple rules...

steenbockj
steenbockj
2 posts

Easy to follow and very thought out. Thanks!

h0b0mafia
h0b0mafia
18 posts

What is flaming, badgering, spamming, and trolling?

Cenere
Cenere
13,744 posts

Hobomafia: Try using this: Urban Dictionary
It will help you a lot, I guess.
Might have bad language and explicit descriptions.

santakailz
santakailz
15 posts

when you say excessive swearing, so cussing is generally OK?

lowellfan
lowellfan
5 posts

these are good rules. I hate when people advertise their stuff

Furzen
Furzen
49 posts

Ok, excessive swearing,cussing, same thing, (depends to what extent you take them actually) is not really allowed. just dont really go past anything harsh like saying fu*bleep* or sh*bleep* in your stuff. Pretty much like damn (hoping thats aight) would be ok, darn, crap, etc. Pretty much act like your talking to your parents and your brother (say hes like 10). Would you want to swear repeatedly in front of them? (like for real -.-) anyway heres a quick definition on

TROLLING : In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

Curtesy of Wikipedia.

Also flaming would be pretty much bashing a person, trying to make fun of them and put em down. Like if i say "Omg your such an idiot why dont you just leave this forums your stupid" (was an example dont ban me lol) or something more harsh than that, to someone. It can also be called a Flame War, which would just be people swearing (or not) at eachother in an argument on a forums and stuff.

Hope that clears some of it up for you

marukabu
marukabu
2 posts

seems simple enough

silver_devil
silver_devil
1 posts

If someone comments on a game saying:
'This game sucks'.

Is this worth flagging?

goumas13
goumas13
4,779 posts

Yes it's worth flagging.
You should flag very shorts comments like: Awesome!!! GAY, Sucks etc.

Toby111
Toby111
4 posts

- First step back
- Second say why am i not playing armor games
- third say im gona go play armor games
- fourth and play The secret sea
- and dont stop in tell you get the bigst boat ever
- and say i have 100,000,000,000 in this game im gona buy all the boats
- make more goald make more canons make more crew and make more food and you will be the hardest to defeat
- and make more boats to attack and take over boats get millions of crew and dont stop geting crew on your boat so dont do nothing what are you waiting for so go play now.

joao99
joao99
352 posts

Break the rules lol (just kidding :P)

Showing 31-45 of 209