Forums → Newcomers Forum → [RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)
The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!
- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.
- No discussion of piracy or illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.
- Do not post links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not post advertising or referral links.
- No excessive swearing or language.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
Borrowed from the Rules and Guidelines page.
- 209 Replies
how do you make the tac by your topic?
So basically, the same rules as most other forums.
the rules are pretty basic...shouldnt be complaining
I totally don't know wut trolling or flaming is, but spamming is really annoying.
oh, and great job keeping the rules short and sweet. i hate it when sites take pages and pages explaining simple rules...
Easy to follow and very thought out. Thanks!
What is flaming, badgering, spamming, and trolling?
Hobomafia: Try using this: Urban Dictionary
It will help you a lot, I guess.
Might have bad language and explicit descriptions.
when you say excessive swearing, so cussing is generally OK?
these are good rules. I hate when people advertise their stuff
Ok, excessive swearing,cussing, same thing, (depends to what extent you take them actually) is not really allowed. just dont really go past anything harsh like saying fu*bleep* or sh*bleep* in your stuff. Pretty much like damn (hoping thats aight) would be ok, darn, crap, etc. Pretty much act like your talking to your parents and your brother (say hes like 10). Would you want to swear repeatedly in front of them? (like for real -.-) anyway heres a quick definition on
TROLLING : In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion
Curtesy of Wikipedia.
Also flaming would be pretty much bashing a person, trying to make fun of them and put em down. Like if i say "Omg your such an idiot why dont you just leave this forums your stupid" (was an example dont ban me lol) or something more harsh than that, to someone. It can also be called a Flame War, which would just be people swearing (or not) at eachother in an argument on a forums and stuff.
Hope that clears some of it up for you
seems simple enough
If someone comments on a game saying:
'This game sucks'.
Is this worth flagging?
Yes it's worth flagging.
You should flag very shorts comments like: Awesome!!! GAY, Sucks etc.
- First step back
- Second say why am i not playing armor games
- third say im gona go play armor games
- fourth and play The secret sea
- and dont stop in tell you get the bigst boat ever
- and say i have 100,000,000,000 in this game im gona buy all the boats
- make more goald make more canons make more crew and make more food and you will be the hardest to defeat
- and make more boats to attack and take over boats get millions of crew and dont stop geting crew on your boat so dont do nothing what are you waiting for so go play now.
Break the rules lol (just kidding :P)
You must be logged in to post a reply!