ForumsNewcomers Forum[RULES] Forum Rules and Guidelines (OLD)

209 59979
Carlie
Carlie
6,925 posts

The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!

- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.
- No discussion of piracy or illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.
- Do not post links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not post advertising or referral links.
- No excessive swearing or language.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.

Borrowed from the Rules and Guidelines page.

• 209 Replies
mrtim
mrtim
2,717 posts

I need help with the 5-7 rule if the post only requires a few words why just put that for example i ran across a forum asking what your hair color is and same with race its kind of hard to expand on subjects like that knowing if you say "my hair color is black" will clearly answer the question

If a thread is made up of spam, it will be deleted/locked.
Spysan
Spysan
6 posts

This are really exceptional rules because you list the obvious and even mention the little things that are always being put up with on other major sites.

Olimyster
Olimyster
1 posts

Wow hard to read all the rules. So many, i can't cope.

atomicsquid1
atomicsquid1
23 posts

are you kidding me, Olimyster? these rules are great! i like sites with easy to follow and well written rules.

took95
took95
439 posts

im new and have no idea who carlie is, but she put that together well, it was clear and other than the fact that i dont know what flaming or trolling was(i do now that i read the responses) it was very understandable and concise, WAY TO GO!!

buckley
buckley
2 posts

What is "flaming","badgering" and "trolling"?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,065 posts

'Flaming', or 'to flame', means to attack someone verbally online. Flaming entails insults, bigotry, name-calling, or any outright hostility directed at a specific person. Often, flaming is the result of a heated difference of opinions on a topic, and it has devolved into childish bickering.

There are cases where someone is a repeat flamer: he/she insists on regularly attacking others as a daily habit. If so, we then call that person an Internet troll.

From about.com

buckley
buckley
2 posts

Thanks Asherlee.

goblinlordy
goblinlordy
1 posts

I would like to congratulate the people who put this together.

Icewrath
Icewrath
1 posts

ty for rules

WvHawkvW
WvHawkvW
9 posts

my thoughts on this:

- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.

Finally someone is doing something about trolling and badgering!

- No discussion of piracy or illegal material, or linking to these illegal activities.

makes sense to me

- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.

tell me if im ending up causing hate then

- Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.

well i better find a better reason for this post then

- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.

do not complain about your punishment and do not escape from jail. got it.

- Do not post links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.

do not post work traps. got it.

- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.

My name is (censored censored censored), I am (hope i can post my age) 13, and I live on invalidstreed boulivard.

- Do not post advertising or referral links.

because these are traps

- No excessive swearing or language.

because it's ****ing immature and annoying lol

- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.

I will try not to get a stuck caps lock. it haPPENS. THERE IT GOES.

- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.

DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK GOT IT.

WvHawkvW
WvHawkvW
9 posts

sorry, I also have two questions. is there a text limit to how much can be in one post?

and isn't trolling where you go somewhere and throw insults, to get attention, any form of attention? I tend to call replying to trolls, Feeding the trolls.ignore them and you starve them.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

sorry, I also have two questions. is there a text limit to how much can be in one post?

I once posted a chapter in the Art, Music, and Writing forum that had 9600 words and that STILL didn't faze the system lol

and isn't trolling where you go somewhere and throw insults, to get attention, any form of attention?

As basic as can be, trolling is a form of action to provoke action from another user, trying to get them in trouble. So if you know that they are trolling, try not to let it go to your head
bestbattle
bestbattle
4 posts

Hi to everyone !
I am new on the Armor Games forum!
But i am member of a pc forum and i can follow and respect the rules of this forum!
BTW: i am not english, so sorry for my misspellings.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

Nice to know! Good luck having fun on AG

Showing 76-90 of 209