Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

A Second attempt.

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 12:49am

drakokirby

drakokirby

1,759 posts

OK. Since Carlie does not approve of my humor and showing you what might happen to you, I am going to make a safe environment topic then (Remember not to be lifeless and use humor in posts. Makes your more noticeable.)

As I said in my last topic, we do have repeated topics on Armor Games here. I advise you to check for them in the back pages or I'll....... have a nice discussion with you. My list is still something that is real. After you post in one, please don't post in it again saying, Whatever for the win. Make it sound like you actually have a mind and it still works. That was not a bad comment Carlie.

My second part I have in here is mention in my 2nd paragraph, intelligent post. We seem to get less and less good actual helpful comments on Armor Games. It's as rare as snow in California. It hasn't snowed in almost 20 years. Don't ask. I want to see at least 2 lines of posts before I consider you an actual member, not a spammer who just wants to influence other to join the dark side but I am on that side only for the cookies. So try to use your thesaur on your computer. If you seem to repeat a word often, highlight it, right click and go to thesaur and look for a word that makes sense in that sentence. Don't go all Eragon on me and just use any of them. Also spelling also helps people. I see a lot of people type like this. hey, i am a guy name joe. i am talking 2 u. LOL. If you do type like this, either learn to type more accurate or take it somewhere else. This is like those colleges that are all super hardcore on excellence. Well, I am going to stop now, not because I have nothing else to say but I want to go to sleep. Peace, make love, not warcraft.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 12:52am

Ricador

Ricador

3,913 posts

Ha ha, better?

I think this is good.

Remember when Carlie was asking if it all was covered? Well i think this is what was not covered, but could not be categorized well :)

(I still thought the rabbit thing was funny...slightly).

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 12:54am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Drako, read my post under the mod list. This is a place to make users feel at home. If you push a bunch of things in their face at once and make them feel like they are stupid they will not feel welcome to the community.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 12:54am

drakokirby

drakokirby

1,759 posts

I'll post this then. This is just a guide to assist you on your way on the Armor Games road. Don't be all mad at yourself if your topic gets locked for some reason or you lose Armor Points. You'll just need to climb back up. Is that good enough for you NoName?

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 12:59am

Ricador

Ricador

3,913 posts

Drako, read my post under the mod list. This is a place to make users feel at home. If you push a bunch of things in their face at once and make them feel like they are stupid they will not feel welcome to the community.

I think it was fine humor just helping them out. It looked good. EXCEPT, there was one sentence i thought was a bit rude and might not make them feel welcome, only stupid, and bad.

Don't ask. I want to see at least 2 lines of posts before I consider you an actual member, not a spammer who just wants to influence other to join the dark side.

I think that could have been said a lot nicer...

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 1:05am

drakokirby

drakokirby

1,759 posts

Aw man. This is what I mean you can't please everyone. Uh, I need a minute to make a new post on this now.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 6:41am

InTheZone

InTheZone

604 posts

Drako, just... just stop. You can't shove things in peoples faces and expect them NOT to do it. For example, you can complain 'til the cows come home about spamming, but there will always be spammers. Newcomers may or may not conform by certain rules... it's inevitable, I do applaud your efforts, really, I do but I feel they are frivolous and it should really be left up to the moderators and admin.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 4:03pm

killingman

killingman

561 posts

i cant beleave you did that saying ha ha i am the first to do on this ha ha so it does not matter

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 4:28pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

As I said in my last topic, we do have repeated topics on Armor Games here.

... Irony? X)

I think you said things nicely enough this time, though I am in doubt of the purpose of this thread... It's info that is already out there.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 4:36pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

... Irony? X)

owned? lol j/k

Just do what I do Drako. Ignore them. If you do, they will realize that they are doing something wrong (I hope) and they will change the errors of their ways. If they are spamming you on your comments page, then delete the posts, you will have just indirectly acknowledged them that they have just wasted their time.