Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Oldcomers in the Newcomers Forum

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 1:47am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,072 posts

Knight

A brand new world to socialize with other members. Where to start? How to start? What is it like to interact with other members? Will I look like a fool if I post something silly on accident?

All online communities (forums) can be pretty scary when you are the new guy. Don't worry we have all been there. Luckily ArmorGames now has a new section to introduce yourself! Where else to start than here? Introduce yourself and let everyone get to know you here!

For all the people who have been active in the community for a while, you are as welcome here as the Newcomers. It is the job for all the people familiar with the community to help make those new here feel at home. Talk to the newcomers and befriend them!

Do not worry about teaching the newcomers about community etiquitte. In time, every member should be able to aquire the skills to posting appropriately and constructively. Focus on being friendly and having fun. If someone has a question they need answered, by all means go ahead and help them out!

Don't scare the newcomers. Pushing a bunch of hints and tips to posting maturely, not posting spam, and how to follow rules will only intimidate people new and old.

The best way to show other member's how to act is by example! Be friendly and smart to others and they shall learn to be friendly and smart back.

For all the newcomers to this community, welcome! This community is always growing and we are always looking forword to meeting new faces. = D

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:09am

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Thanks for putting this together! Very well written, and said all so nicely =) I hope that people read this, and take it to heart!

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:11am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

XD Well, I've been here for little more than a week, but already I feel I've gotten a pretty good grip on things, and am giving out advise to people where I can...
Nice thread, NoNameC68, it gets the message through and is well written. :)

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:28pm

joshar04

joshar04

51 posts

I'm sorry but i came to this page via a link from another guys thread saying much the same thing but telling people to view this one instead. So much for friendly you even tried to outdo another player with a thread like his shame on you, you preach like you are all friendly and welcoming but only upfront when you think noones really watching you go bad shame on you  for shame.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:32pm

theone99

theone99

2,431 posts

good job! but the name has barely anything to do with it.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:36pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,072 posts

Knight

This thread is not like his. This thread does not talk about spam, rules, or points. It talks about allowing people to venture out themselves. I am tired of people trying to pull off the whole profesional act.

I never tried to outdo anybody else. I linked this thread from his thread because it is important he understands what I mean. I made the link because this one better explains my point.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:54pm

joshar04

joshar04

51 posts

But his thread was good enough and didn't require upstaging.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:57pm

joshar04

joshar04

51 posts

He was only trying to help but you made out he was some noob intimidating monster you cannot talk about people acting proffesional because you are trying to do the same thing in order to act like a mod yourself.

Posted Sep 5, '08 at 2:59pm

d0m1nated14

d0m1nated14

708 posts

Once again NoName, you have astounded us with your ability to...write well. =D

Posted May 3, '09 at 9:11pm

thingthingfreak

thingthingfreak

1,428 posts

Wow, dudeguy45...
What was the point of reviving this thread?
Last post on it was about 7 months ago.

Reply to Oldcomers in the Newcomers Forum

You must be logged in to post a reply!