ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Official Write Your Own Suspense Story Thread! Sponsored by AG.

10 7134
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Thats it right there... I want to hear you guys writing your OWN suspense stories? Want to get into writing? Have an old action/ suspense story buried within the bowels of your computer? Submit it to me, and I'll pick the best one! The winner will get 25 AP, and have their story posted for all of AG to see! They'll also get a page in the ArmorGames Wiki.
Of course, like any contest, there has to be some rules. So here they are.
1. No excessive swearing. Throw in an F- Bomb at those very crucial, edge of your seat moments, but I don't want to see "**** a **** in the **** you ****." Don't give me crap like that, it ruins the story, makes it harder to read, ruins it for the little ones, and, I won't even read it. Got a problem with that? Figure out how to write a better story without throwing in cuss words every 5 seconds. Also, it doesn't make you look cool.... just makes you look like a butt.
2. ABSOLUTELY no sex scenes, this includes r@pe. Try to find a way and get around it. Just like i did with that word . Just, don't do it. I'll just throw it out, so don't even bother. No naked scenes too, including showers and hot tubs.
3. This one is related to length. As far as the length of the story goes, it doesn't make the story better usually. I mean, a longer story is definitely more fun to read when its good, but I'd rather be handed a well- written short story than a horrible 9 page long story.
4. Participants. Anybody can participate in this, as long as you have a story. Hopefully, we'll get a lot of writings, and have a nice, fun contest that lots of people can enjoy.
5. TITLE YOUR STORIES! How am I supposed to give a story its credit if I don't even have a name? Even if it's a bad one, as long as it relates to the story in some way...
6. Hvae fun with this! Writing can be enjoyable and relaxing, as long as you do it without freaking out over a deadline or a word count. I'm making the deadline a month from now, October 4th, so you'll have plenty of time to write a great story.

Though I've written my share of suspense stories, I'm not going to submit. It simply wouldn't be fair! I want to give you guys a chance... plus I'd probably vote for mine.

Enjoy yourselves, and remember, a 25 AP reward for the wineer, and their story is published both here and on the Armorgames Wiki.

The last part, submitting. Do not submit your stories in this topic! It's be nice if we could keep this topic clean and not cluttered with billions of stories. Just sned them to my email, dirkpitt1@verizon.net, and I'll read them. Word of warning to you people.... I DO have Norton. So, sending me viruses wont work, and you'll just get screwed over by my awesome norton powers. Plus, Ima tell Carlie ^_^

So, in short, send them to me and I'll read them. Excuse the giant post, and hope to see your writings soon!
remember, dirkpitt1@verizon.net.

• 10 Replies
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

how long does this last?
i have a story whcih i have not completed
and it gonna be a very long 1.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

The deadline is a month. And your story can be short or long, though ill pick a great long story over a great short one.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I should mention, it has to be a SUSPENSE story. Action, thriller, no romance stories!
Throw some comedy and a romance in there to give it more appeal, but the story needs to be centered around suspense.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm I'm never really all that great at suspense stories,but if I wanted a page on ArmorWiki.I'm an admin so I could do that on my own unless you demote me for no reason.Anyways this is an interesting contest.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well, technically, you could, but id prefer if you didnt.
Heres a few tips for writing a good story:
Dont use too many characters! Too many characters makes it confusing and less appealing.
Throw a love story in there! Nothing too big, but just enough to make the reader go awwwwww when the main characters love dies.
Please, use good grammar! I'm not going to give a high rating to a story that has bad grammar.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Can I get a slightly more detailed description of the 'suspense story' category?
I know at least one person who'd be very happy if I wrote something for this, but I am not completely sure what kind of story it needs to be?
Something suspenseful, where a lot of tension is built up via action?

masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

Something suspenseful, where a lot of tension is built up via action?

I think he means suspense as in you don't know what's gonna happen next and you wonder if you want to find out or not...
Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

lol this is lame no one is writing a story...this should be talk about how to write a suspense story thread! lol d=p

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

can I do a horror story? I'm exellent at those when I'm actually trying.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure any of my stories would be considered suspense, and besides, I don't like to enter writing competitions.

Showing 1-10 of 10