Forums → Newcomers Forum → SWEET RAPTURE! (and tips/tricks)
hey, I just wanna give a shout out to teh mods and administrators who put his on. It is going to help so much. So then, heres something for those newbies on armorgames.
list of tips/regulation/good stuff.
1. I flag so many comments on games that just say "meh" or "good" or "sux". This is utter spam. I don't consider it a comment if it's at least ONE FULL SENTENCE. This is even being LINEANT. When posting comments to games, the person could be making a sequel. So put something that will say what they should do. Such as patching up a normal bug or work on the shading.
2. Got a question? ask a mod! Don't be afraid to ask a moderator for help. But only do this if there is 1, MAYBE 2 questions. If you have a large amount, you should look at the F.A.Q. Which is probably on the contact, I forget though, sorry.
3. Don't post just for points. I've done this once, it brought me nothing. It's just spam anyways. How is it spam? Because you end up putting a 2-3 word answer on subjects in the tavern. Use the forums for fun, not profit. Sides, all armorpoints do is give you more armartars and a new rank, people won't respect you JUST for having high armor points, especially if you got that by bad comments and posts.
4. Explore! See all different sides of the site, games and community. You'll be suprised on what you may find. Like, rythym games. You'll find lots of those curtesy of coolio niato.
5. NO FLAME WARS TOLERATED! Flame wars are just spam, and they get nothing done. Flaming and whistling is just stupid in all forms.
6. Try to be intellegent. This does not entirely go for the tavern and forum games section. The tavern is pretty much the most popular place, because there's just about every random topic you could think about.
now then, onto what most sections of the forums is all about. I know there is a short description but it can't realy tell you EVERYTHING.
Tavern - It's pretty much the crazy spam cesspool. It's a place to rant, rave, and joke, and a place where you normally make a club unless it is based off of a person or event.
World Events, Politics, ETC. ETC. - This is a place for INTELLIGIBLE, non spam, debatable fun. Normally people who are on atheist and like to philosophize and think about deep thoughts. It's mainly a place for debates.
Suggestions - Think of this as a suggestion box, not for games, but for the site. To better improve it.
Flash games - It pretty much is a place to discuss flash games. . being games on the site.
Video games - A place to talk about non flash video games. All the latest or oldest consoles. Pretty broad yes, but a great place all the same.
Art section - a place not to exactly TALK about art, but more to show it. Personally, this is my favorite.
Popular media - This! This is the place to TALK about art, music, movies, artwork. . .etc. etc.
That covers most of the basics but the two questions that always tick the mods and admins off.. . .
How do I get a merit?!
The comment SHOULD be somewhere near 1-3 paragraphs long, and should be very supportive. They should say both good AND bad things about the game. It should say what you would do differently with it in order to make it more pleasing. You also don't get a merit by asking it, I have heard a mod say and I quote, "asking for a merit is going to make it more likely for you NOT to get the merit". It may not be an EXACT quote but that's the point they were getting out. Also, never just describe the game in good detail. That's a description, not a merit.
I want to be a Mod!
The moderators of the site hand pick their mods and are normally fairly older players with more maturity. TalKING like a H@XX0R wi11 n0t g3t j00 m0d. They also hate it when you ask this question, ESPECIALLY when you make it a topic. Mods also go for the more intelligent people, they like the people who are on the support and suggestions, asking/answering questions instead of saying "i dunno" or "weird glitch". That is not support. Suggestions to the site are always nice too. That's how this forum was born after all.
Changing armartars =D
Well, you will see in small print under your name in the top right corner of the site is a word "Control Panel" You go there and there will be a tab saying "armartars" That's where you change your avatar to your liking.
go to a persons profile, at the top right of their profile, you'll see a button saying "add friend" Press it, simple as that!
Well, I hope I helped some of you noobies out there and. . .glad to see you on the armor games forums!
- 9 Replies
I have seen a bunch of people posting rules and tips on how to post good. Where are all the fun posts? They are all about rules and there seems to be nothing fun!
I am fairly new to the community and hardly on. I find the community fun in some sections but in other sections the community freaks out too much about all these rules.
This is just another one of many threads that looks as if they are trying too hard to act like a mature and smart member.
No, It's just that this entire forum was made for the new guys, so everyones making it welcome and informative to the new guys. This section isn't really for fun, it's for info.
All the information is posted all over the site and it is not that hard to find. Give the new guys a chance to ask questions first. There are a bunch of people posting guides but it feels like they are all posting guides for attention so they can get a bunch of attention.
Let the new guys ask questions first because the Newcomers Forum has been filled with nothing but attention grabbing seniors it seems.
The more rules and such you throw out there, well when a mod does it then its not so bad. It is their job. But when a member posts a bunch of stuff thats so painfully obvious it just feels like a slap in the face. Most newcomers are not retards and are not completely new to forums. If they have a question they will ask but untill then I feel like all these guides degrades the mentallity of us new uers.
nice job thetoad!!!
This even helped me!
I like this because it give a good description of the different forums, although it does repeat quite a big of information in the other areas.
Yeah, it does repeat alot of different areas mainly because that's wehre I learned them.
@Flite: yeah, I'm just making it easier, plus, this place has no AP and I come on the forums for fun. The entire forum here anyway is to post your knowledge of armorgames and help the newcomers. The forum was meant to post guides, so I did.
Hello newcomers! I would like to say that AP really doesn't matter. Can't stress this enough. A lot of people come on here mainly for the AP but think of it like this. . . .all you can really get from it is more armartars, and a little rank. Most people don't judge you upon your rank and armartar though, instead, they judge upon your smarts, debating skills, artistic formats, and your maturity. So don't care TOO much about AP, but care about what people think of you. . . .to an extent.
hey, just pretty much bumping my guide. Please R&R this? R&R means Read and Review btw.
Niceug uide dude , very clen and easy to understand,
You must be logged in to post a reply!