ForumsSupport ForumSimple Features- Not included?

25 3301
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Seriously some simple features aren't included.

2 things:

1. Thread maker

It only shows who posted last, not who started the topic. Sometimes I go in the forums and see this topic with a weird topic name and I think in my head : O looks another spam topic. But it ends up to be one of those important topics made by an admin or mod. Wouldn't it be better if you can see who made it before hand ?

2. Game tags

Its shows popular tags on the front page correct, but when you click on a game you see no tags. All they show is what section it is in, which isn't very helpful. If it showed the tags on games, then if we liek the game we can go to one of the tags and see other games similar.

Yes, no? Post you opinion not the obvious please.

• 25 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It only shows who posted last, not who started the topic. Sometimes I go in the forums and see this topic with a weird topic name and I think in my head : O looks another spam topic. But it ends up to be one of those important topics made by an admin or mod. Wouldn't it be better if you can see who made it before hand ?

All you have to do is go to the first page of the thread. Which, if you are replying in a thread, you should be reading anyways in order to properly respond to the thread.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Skins would be really sweet and what about a music playlist

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I'm going to have to agree with Plokkey, this AG forums needs some upgrades like edits buttons, skins, Etc. It seems like AG forums don't have the same capability of VB or IF but I would not approve at all if was went by being AG unique, that would be sad.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

All you have to do is go to the first page of the thread. Which, if you are replying in a thread, you should be reading anyways in order to properly respond to the thread.

I usually don't post I just read the important stuff and walk away. I only post when something needs to be said.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I usually don't post I just read the important stuff and walk away. I only post when something needs to be said.

A majority of AG'ers do tend to post on topics -- but wait! Why on Earth would you judge a book by its cover anyway?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Well... I think that while the original thread poster would be nice... however you should be reading the first post anyways to see what the topic is about... so you would see the original thread poster.

As for the game tags on the game page, I think it is a great idea, so we can see what games are similar.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Why on Earth would you judge a book by its cover anyway?

I knew someone would say that, but just people people tell you to not judge a book by its cover, they do it anyway.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Skins would be really sweet and what about a music playlist

Please try to stay on topic Juan.

As in my opinion, these two things help, but are not important.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Thats why there are features, upgrades are important, features just add more sleekness to the site.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

As for many other suggestions, like skins or designs.

How about more discussing about the second one? Or is there nothing to talk about it?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I don't know... the second one doesn't seem that hard to implement (don't know though... I don't run a gaming website...)

It's a good idea and I would like to see it put into effect.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What about some images

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I knew someone would say that, but just people people tell you to not judge a book by its cover, they do it anyway.

Fair enough :P

As for game tags, this idea would probably be helpful. I'm not the biggest user of game tags, but I know if you're just looking something up a simple keyword is both suffice and convenient!
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

As for idea #1, I actually suggested that a few days ago, but it got shot down. People said that people would choose which threads to go to by who made the threads.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No I'm saying what if just put some background images on the homepage or on your profile.I mean that is a simple feature that is not included.

Showing 1-15 of 25