ForumsSupport ForumSimple Features- Not included?

25 3303
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Seriously some simple features aren't included.

2 things:

1. Thread maker

It only shows who posted last, not who started the topic. Sometimes I go in the forums and see this topic with a weird topic name and I think in my head : O looks another spam topic. But it ends up to be one of those important topics made by an admin or mod. Wouldn't it be better if you can see who made it before hand ?

2. Game tags

Its shows popular tags on the front page correct, but when you click on a game you see no tags. All they show is what section it is in, which isn't very helpful. If it showed the tags on games, then if we liek the game we can go to one of the tags and see other games similar.

Yes, no? Post you opinion not the obvious please.

• 25 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No I'm saying what if just put some background images on the homepage or on your profile.I mean that is a simple feature that is not included.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I usually don't post I just read the important stuff and walk away. I only post when something needs to be said.

I guess I just don't understand the benefit of having it. It doesn't seem like it would benefit anything, besides having more to load on the page.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What do you mean I'm getting off topic.I'm talking about this thread

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

No I'm saying what if just put some background images on the homepage or on your profile.I mean that is a simple feature that is not included.

I understand that -- but you're posting off topic. Also, background images on a website (of this calibre) are probably more complicated than it sounds. And it would mean a bit more loading for some people.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I guess I just don't understand the benefit of having it. It doesn't seem like it would benefit anything, besides having more to load on the page.

The forum pages don't seem to have much to load in the first place.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The forum pages don't seem to have much to load in the first place.

Not for people who have fast internet, but there are still people who have dial-up internet that use Armor Games.

If this was added, where would you suggest it be located?
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

The forums don't take long to load even with dial-up, I know I've been getting some pretty %@$%y wireless signal lately. As for location right under the thread name would be fine.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The forums are great the way they are guys.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I just don't understand why it is entirely relevant. Is it just to see who posted it, to see if it is 'worthy' to check out?

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

It only shows who posted last, not who started the topic. Sometimes I go in the forums and see this topic with a weird topic name and I think in my head : O looks another spam topic. But it ends up to be one of those important topics made by an admin or mod. Wouldn't it be better if you can see who made it before hand ?

I think that if a mod or Admin makes a topic it should have the AG symbol next to it so you know if a mod or admin made it.....
Showing 16-25 of 25