ForumsPopular MediaLord Of The Rings. What's Your Favourite.

18 3992
GarrusWrex
GarrusWrex
113 posts
Nomad

These 3 extraordinary films have got to be the best trilogy ever. Personally The Two Towers was the best. It would have been the third one just based on the battles but for me the ghosts killed it.

• 18 Replies
bates
bates
98 posts
Nomad

The movies get increasingly better as the series goes on. My favorite is definitely Return of the King

Maori
Maori
20 posts
Nomad

Mine is Two Towers, It has most action but also good dialoque. Rohan is nice.

Elessar
Elessar
15 posts
Nomad

Personally my favorite is the 3# one, and particularly the long version... when i've seen the short version, it was strange to foresee things that had not happen... >_<*

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

My favorite one was the 2, "the Two Towers"
I didn't like the last one this much, because they didn't stick to the story: the army of the dead never took part in the minas tirith battle
Aragorn just used them to destroy the mercenary fleet

It was a shame to see such a good battle end in such a bad way, with a green wave clearing everything

Except from this the 3rd was also good

DarkSwitch
DarkSwitch
4 posts
Nomad

Return of the King

scarydotter
scarydotter
3 posts
Nomad

i thought the fellowship one rocked i mean with those gliding figures who could resist.

coolmanrule
coolmanrule
149 posts
Nomad

number two "my preciose"(eyes pop out )

Krazlam
Krazlam
6 posts
Nomad

number 1 and 3 because of all the secracy in the first and the action in the last one

jpot1
jpot1
9 posts
Nomad

Return of the King but I've heard some people who haven't read the books didn't like it although when they watched the extended version, they thought it was the best as the film seem to flow more

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

the books people, the books are the best.......
otherwise the return of the king

GarrusWrex
GarrusWrex
113 posts
Nomad

yer but the problem with the books is they are to long really. They are still great but younger people won't be able to understand them much. Also too much from the books has been left out.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

hmmmm...i liked the movie but they left like alot out of the book and they left out an entire character.

So any word on the hobbit? (that is as a movie)

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

This really important book for the LotR triology gots its own film??? ahh i'Ve to see it......

2garrus
they're not to long but today nobody wants to read over thousand pages......and this books are not written for kids they are for older ones 15+ i guess and the films make them not understandable but let the (very) young people see the violence(LotR got some of it)
and i don't think making films of great books because the worlds teenager and kids are becoming dumb and too lazy too read is the soliving of the problem(if there is one......i think that this is one)

so I'm missing tom bombadil very much

GarrusWrex
GarrusWrex
113 posts
Nomad

true true and peter jackson left out tom bombadil because he wasn't important to the main story (destroying the ring) but he was a big character in the book. Im 16 and i always read and all my friends call me a freak because they say they'll just wait for the movie. They don'y understand what they are missing out on.

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

oh yeah i know the situation, i'm called bookworm by my friends....^^
but some films are made out of books are great too...
do you know hogfather??? its originally a book by terry pratchett and its a great film.........
have you seen the hobbit??? if yes is it good???

Showing 1-15 of 18