ForumsSupport ForumReview Spam

18 4078
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Every game in every genre has ATLEAST three reviews that read something like "SUX", "lol", "ok", "hi", "u suck", "stupid", or "dum". As a game designer, this does not encourage me to submit games here any more. And as a game player, this makes me want to go play games elsewhere.

The majority of the spam could be eliminated by only allowing reviews over X number of characters or words, and all caps post can be denied by comparing the amount of uppercase characters to the amount of lowercase characters. I hope to see these changes made soon before spammers destroy your reputation.

.dank

• 18 Replies
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

No matter what AG does a website, there will always be a number of people bent on making the review experience horrible for everyone. However, with the new ability to flag reviews it shouldn't be much of a problem. If you continue flagging reviews that do not obey the Review Guidelines, you will be helping AG become a better place for all involved.

With that being said, I do hope that you continue to visit the website, as it's growth and potential is amazing. This is (and there's a lot of flash authors that would agree) the best place to get sponsorship and exposure for you flash games. Unfortunately, the few people submitting bad reviews aren't making it seem that way.

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

That's what the little red flag is for. Make sure to click any comments that only have 1 or 2 words and they will be reviewed and mostly removed by the admins.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I have been clicking the flag like mad. It would make things much easier though if only one comment on each game per user and X number of words minimum were put in.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Feedback is feedback. Just because a review is short does not mean that it doesn't offer constructive criticism to the author. Review flagging is the way it's going to stay unless things become too much of an issue for the AG to handle.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm... I would say that if a post is one word, it isn't considered constructive criticism. Just saying 'it sucks' doesn't tell you anything about the game, or how to make it better. Its just spam. I actually like the idea of it having to auto delete the small posts. Because nothing constructive, either positive or negative can come out of a post like that.

thebest300
thebest300
42 posts
Nomad

spam is a life thing. You cant get rid of all the spamers...there are too many.

thebest300
thebest300
42 posts
Nomad

I think that if the admin makes a program that only lets you post like 2 times every minute then people would not spam as much.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

That is also a fantastic idea. But for now, until they come up with something else, I am just flagging those posts. Together, we can fight spam!

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Great idea, Carlie. Keep in mind that in the future there will be more moderators appointed to the website, making the flagging system much faster. There's still a large number of people reading them, so it shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours to get someone to check it.

gamerboy
gamerboy
24 posts
Nomad

i no spam is bad but how ppl do it so much?
even when they dont no

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Please do not bump old topics. If you have more questions, refer to the Armor Games FAQ. If you have more questions, feel free to make a new topic. Thanks!

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

how do you click a comment on a game andreport it what do you click.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

From The Armor Games FAQ:

Each game has the option to leave comments. These comments are viewed by everyone, and are held to the commenting rules. Each user has the ability to "Up Vote" a comment, which will allow the comment to become more promenent if several users click the Up Arrow next to the comment. On the other hand, users also have the ability to Flag a comment, which helps notify moderators if users are abusing the site.

The most important part about commenting is giving good, constructive feedback to other users or the author. Saying "this game sux" is worthy of getting flagged.

Be careful! If too many of your comments get flagged or deleted, you may be banned from commenting on games altogether! The same goes for people who randomly flag everything.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

alright again you are very helpful tydus.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

No problem, LeBron!

Showing 1-15 of 18