ForumsSupport ForumMaking ArmorGames more serious!

22 3385
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The thing is people don't get banned until the get reported like a dozen of times.Don't you think make them like limit of 5 subclauses a lot of users get away with it.

• 22 Replies
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

There should be 5 white stars on a users page. Each time they do something a star turns red when all of them are red, you automatically get banned. And if you don't do anything bad for a while you could get some stars off.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah that's a great idea but i think moderators wouldn't agree with that thing

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Well maybe there should be more mods then.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that really wouldn't be too bad of an idea, and if mods were to handle the whole thing, it really wouldn't get out of control.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah i think they have the capability to do so.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

are you kidding me? this is probably the most serious gaming community on the internet. If everyone who was reported was banned, there would be no one left. I'm pretty sure that you have to do something really bad in order to get banned, and the mods would know about it instantly, so I don't think this is a very good idea at all.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What i mean is that after a long while they are found and that gives them time to make it up.They should have more moderators and better spam system

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

But what if a person had, say 4 stars and made a turn for the better. Then they go into the forums, trying to make friends, but others would think less of them because they had the red stars. I don't think the mods want to have a public way to show that people have not followed the rules. When you misbehave in school, they don't make you carry around a sign saying "I skipped class" or "I fell asleep in class"

It could work, but thats just my thoughts

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

usually the only people who get off easy are more active members,and even then most of them do very small things that are not worth banning them for by themselves.Its like in the real U.S. Government we have misdemeanors and felonies.You do enough misdemeanors,and they turn into felonies.Do you understand what I am getting at here?Anyways an idea similar to this has been suggested before and I think Carlie has said that it would be a bad idea,because showing whether someone was once a spammer or not would be like marking them with a "stay away spammer" mark.Do you get it?If not then I could try to go into more detail later.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Mods to give out warnings, and if you still do it again lots of times, you get banned. I have gotten warnings, and that's a good way to learn from your mistakes.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That s why giving the like 5 satr warning is banned

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I don't think it would be useful if they didn't tell you the reason you were warned.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

that would earn the moderators some time to fix other problems man

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

There are not many rulebreakers on AG, those who do break rules either stop, or they break the rules so seldom that its not a big deal.

The reason why the stars do not work is because you should not know how close you are to being banned you are. Nobody gets banned on accident. Everyone who is banned is ussually well aware of why they were banned.

There should be no 3/5/10 strikes your out policy. Even if you can mark two stars or more for a single offence. All it does is give trouble makers an idea of how far they can go without going to far. Without the system, people will fear going to far and those who don't have that fear are the ones who would abuse the star system anyways.

Now about the original post, there are not too many people who should get banned. The mods have weeded out the worst of the users. I say let the mods worry about this topic and everyone else move on and enjoy the games instead. Doing this will make not only your lives easier but the lives of everyone else around you easier. = )

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

who get off easy are more active members,and even then most of them do very small things that are not worth banning them for by themselves.Its like in the real U.S. Government we have misdemeanors and felonies.You do enough misdemeanors,and they turn into felonies.

Part of this, yes. Part of it, no. I agree that the more offenses, the more serious the punishment. But we do not give higher ranks more leniency. We treat them with the same rules and consequences as everyone else. If we didn't, StarScreamer would still be here. Or his second attempt at an account might be... but either way, we do not give preferential treatment. If anything, the higher ranked members are actually more closely watched, and held even more accountable for their actions.
Showing 1-15 of 22