Peasant

I have though of an idea instead of having a forum search, There will be

At the very top of the community a bar where it says Existing threads

page. What is different about this then the old thread search is that this

one will work when you type in a letter for example the letter "C' it will

give you all the threads that start with a "C" Then you add an "A" to

the "C" so it will narrow your choices of the threads existing with

these letters at the beginning of the thread, and hopfully if you put in

the right letters the thread will show up....

what do you think????

• 43 Replies
Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Know techinally it is better it is jsut like the dictionary my mom has on her mac laptop it narrows down the choices as you pt more letters in.... not like the other 1 were it brought you to thread not even close to what you wanted...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

But isn't that still a forum search?

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Are you people even reading it!!!! it will not bring you to somethin you are not looking before because once you typr in a letter it shows you all the threads that start with that letter zand when you add another letter to the first letetr the choices become fewer..... it is a lot better than the forum search we used to have........

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah i think it still is a forum search man

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

yes it will go step-by-step it will be a lot easier to use then the old 1 and wouldent you prefer step by step it would make it 10X easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So you have to do it step-by-step? Nah.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well did get mentioned this once but i think they said its to much coding

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

The thing is, if it was this easy, it probably would have been implemented into the site. The thing is, if you are searching for a thread, you may not know the title. So then the search would be somewhat useless.

It is this easy and i dont know why it wasent added sooner it would be a whole lot better then having to look through 50 pages for a thread instead of finding it in 30 seconds!!!!!!!
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It is a forum search, just different. The thing is, if it was this easy, it probably would have been implemented into the site. The thing is, if you are searching for a thread, you may not know the title. So then the search would be somewhat useless.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Ask Carlie about it she has a reasonable answer for you man

The best answere i will probably get from Carlie is a NO! and a locked thread =(
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ask Carlie about it she has a reasonable answer for you man

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah but she will explain it why in detail man.She is right in everything and i agree with what she says man

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

What i dont get is why people only see what could go bad in an idea.......... if an idea is 95% you mods would say no this is not a good idea because_________________________. People need to look at the Pros of an idea and not just the Cons!!!!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i think it would be really useful but AG doesn't have the technology or capacity to make this right now.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Still, I don't like the idea of having to search multiple times.

Showing 1-15 of 43