ForumsSupport Forumchanging username

68 7029
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

this has been brought up b4 but y not being able to change it once a month? this way if people make foolish changes they have to live with it for a month but at the same time being able to make smart changes to a name. only 3 characters should be able to be changed though so nothing is too dramatic of a change...wat do u think?

• 68 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I think that's a good idea but it may cause a lot of problems who knows?But in my opinoin yeah it is a good idea

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i dont see any problems if u can only change 3 numbers/letters to ur naem once every month...

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well if they have a name like that then 3 characters of change wont help now will it? but my idea is jsut for someone like me who jsut doesnt want a 6 in my name...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I was one of the first to bring this up.The reason is becuase Carlie is it's too much codes and too much work.I totally agree with your idea but look at it from a different points of view

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I've noticed alot of people have been asking for username changes, it's probably because they're getting higher up in ranks, and a name like "K1LLPwN1235329085348754" doesn't look good up there in the leaderboards.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i have already considered that it would be too much and it probably is... but carlie snt the ONLY one working on the site if a change needs to be made right? and if she is then i figured i would jsut post it

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think this idea is stupid. People can avoid bans and spam by just changing there name.

Also they can flat out spam more!

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Ricador: i know they would do this and thats y i said ONLY 3 characters of change (3 letters or numbers) ...it could even be two to avoid that...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Only 3 letters? I want to change my whole name! :P

And I want to capitalize my "F" too, I missed it accidentally.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I see, taking the 6 out. Therefore, I agree, I mistakenly didn't capitalize my "F". and I wish I did. Maybe there could be a system where you can ask a mod to change your name, but only just a little bit of tweaks and all. Like dropping your 6 and capitalize my F, then it would be a great idea.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey Ricardor just made a points people can get away with spam
but what if they keep up with the name changing that will help

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

juan: same thing im pretty sure people will notice the person if u can change ONLY 3 or 2 letters in their name.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Why 3 characters would be as bad as any other ammount. Face all the cons and you idea will looks stupid.

1) Peopel could change their names to avoid ban (something similar to some elses)

2) Peopel would get confused, as I said 3 characters is as bad as any other ammount

3) etc...

but heres an Idea: you should be able to change your capitilazation because it doesn't change the url.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

You see? there is a lowercase F crisis on AG.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Still i think the idea is great and bad.I will just let the comminity decide

Showing 1-15 of 68