ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4315143
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Woah, baby anthropopophagus! Crazy stuff.

Does that really freak you out that much, thoad? Coz like...I thought you were into crazy stuff

Either way unless you did the photo manip yourself, that's not an entry to the competition itself.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hm, it's not really that. While the removal of blood may or may not have affected my decision, I would only have asked you to remove contents if they were in fact a violation of site policy, which wasn't the case here.
Dancing on the edge of the obscene again? Heh, oh well. I don't care, I still like that picture (and the reactions it got), so doesn't matter now~

The judging style has changed. Either way, I think people should only enter this for fun, regardless of your artistic aspirations or status. Otherwise you will end up burning out, not just here but in general.
I know it has, that's not it... Somehow it's just not as fun as it used to be. I don't know, could be something else in my life that is randomly affecting my opinion. Actually it probably is. >.> I'm not trying to cause any drama, sorry... Forget I said anything...
Seriously hope I don't sound like I just miss winning. I know there's a risk for it (especially since I actually do miss winning, but that has nothing to do with the rest :P).

Anyway, you won't mind if I play tricks on Strop for my entry this round, will you?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Does that really freak you out that much, thoad? Coz like...I thought you were into crazy stuff

Yes, I beleive I'm on the mentally unstable side. . .but stuff like that just makes my legs shiver. . .lol. Pretty ironic, I can look at a gorey mess of a photoshop job and say, "aaaawwweeeesoooommmmeee" but when I see a human with a large gash or an extra leg/arm/face I freak out! Even if I already know it's not real.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I know it has, that's not it... Somehow it's just not as fun as it used to be. I don't know, could be something else in my life that is randomly affecting my opinion. Actually it probably is. >.> I'm not trying to cause any drama, sorry... Forget I said anything...
Seriously hope I don't sound like I just miss winning. I know there's a risk for it (especially since I actually do miss winning, but that has nothing to do with the rest :P).

do you have the mopies too? go back a couple of pages and you'll find songs made of pure techno happyness (intended. . . .IT'S ALWAYS INTENDED) anyways. . .yeah, Idk, OH YEAH NOW I REMEMBER!!! O.K., well, if the music doesn't cure you, you probably just have ran out of creative juices in your brain. Whenever I make a drawing that took me forever and it was a compilation of awesome, it takes a week or two before I can draw a decent drawing again. You might miss winning, but think of it like this, "Ok, I lost last round! Instead of feeling sorry 'bout it, I should step up my game!!!" and try to get yourself pumped up! Heck, make a Step Up montage if you need to.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Ok... I decided to make a new entry... Do not take it offensive... pweaze.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/strop.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/h.jpg
By the way people: Have a good Halloween.
*whistle, strolling off*

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*looks at Cenere's entry, wonders*

do you have the mopies too? go back a couple of pages and you'll find songs made of pure techno happyness (intended. . . .IT'S ALWAYS INTENDED) anyways. . .yeah, Idk, OH YEAH NOW I REMEMBER!!! O.K., well, if the music doesn't cure you, you probably just have ran out of creative juices in your brain. Whenever I make a drawing that took me forever and it was a compilation of awesome, it takes a week or two before I can draw a decent drawing again. You might miss winning, but think of it like this, "Ok, I lost last round! Instead of feeling sorry 'bout it, I should step up my game!!!" and try to get yourself pumped up! Heck, make a Step Up montage if you need to.

Yeah, that kind of music doesn't induce happyness (intended :P) in me...
Btw, I don't think I lost. I just didn't win. There's a significant difference. :P

I was just out of whatever it is that keeps me going artwise. I think I got it back after all the horrible mess and frustration involved in losing my favorite program. Maybe I just have issues. *takes of scalp to check for loose screws*
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You sound like you know more than the translator does...I was prepared for idiomatic issues and I know just about nothing about reading Japanese...oh goody, does that mean I can ask you for translations?

I don't know Japanese (actually, I'm supposed to know some Japanese but not well enough to translate), but I know Kanji well enough since it's not different from Chinese.

---
I gave up on my original entry for something a lot simpler and perhaps more daring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/diesistnotpirat.gif
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

I gave up on my original entry...

Quitter! I gave up on my first idea aswell.
->LOL! I had to look at that several times before I noticed it!(I don't want to give it away) Nice one Gantic!

Before I post my entry, I'd like to say that there is a 'trick' within the image. You just have to find it, thats the treat ! But you will not find it just by looking.(it's not too hard to find.)
Good luck!

I ask that If you do find it, do not post your findings, and give others a chance.
Boo!

I will post the answer on Friday before judgement!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Visual trickery ftw. ^

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

I know that this is kind of unrelated, but what does ftw mean?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

For The Win.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ever heard of Urban Dictionary?

"For The Win."

An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, but often sarcastic.

Originated from the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.

I always use it genuinely.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Zophia: I think you may be going through a bit of a rough patch, personally. It may take a few months, at least from my own experience. Try not to worry about things too much.

These entries are becoming more and more creative. And worryingly, I'm becoming increasingly a target...but yes, you can play tricks on Strop Zoph.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

And worryingly, I'm becoming increasingly a target

haha. I take it you saw my entry? :P
Showing 856-870 of 6854