ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4310866
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

HOW COULD YOU MISTAKE MY ART FOR CENERE'S WE'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE

Look I'm not used to you posting too much of your work up here lately and I wasn't paying much attention when I posted that alright. Although still why is AsherLee in there, but not calm? Also looking at Ubertuna's picture was there another mod besides AsherLee, and calm who stopped being a mod?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also I just realized Strop but you and Cenere do both have the same Armatar, and ever since Zophia became a mod it threw me off, so I have relied mainly on just looking at peoples armatars to tell who is who.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Whoops Crimson, now it's two for one. I was joking:

HOW COULD YOU MISTAKE MY ART FOR CENERE'S WE'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE D:

Haha, relax man, let's just say it even things up after my misunderstanding yesterday :P

Though in retrospect perhaps I should have said "just kidding" to be entirely clear.

I'm also looking at Ubertuna's pic. I think the top one is Asherlee's since the last armatar she used as a butterfly (but I've chosen to portray her as the Amazon/Spartan...you get the idea) woman because it suits her image better (and I have permission). The middle one I'm guessing is a reference to...hm, this is going to get confusing. By armatar the middle one would have to be Calm since he used a dragon, and the bottom one DragonMistress because she used the girl wearing a tiara.

Calm is around, by the way. He's currently not acting as a moderator (nor is he currently on the team) until he finishes his final exams later this year.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also I just realized Strop but you and Cenere do both have the same lack of Armatar, and ever since Zophia became a mod it threw me off

Fixed >

Though what I was really wanting to say was yes, I understand your thought processes.

Okay, no more off-topic from me!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Why is why you don't feed it steak...more to the point! In case you didn't notice, most self-created threads are like this. They're better thought of as archives with the occasional interjection. The only reason they get big is because you keep feeding it.
Like mine? Definitely like mine.

Portray something previously written in pictorial format.

Originally, I wanted to make a picture of something I had written before, but I've since changed my mind and decided to expand upon that particular idea and go in a slightly different direction.
Hmmmmkay, well for the record that sounds fine. Suitable. Stuff. Yes.

Okay, no more off-topic from me!
...until next time!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

bottom one DragonMistress because she used the girl wearing a tiara.

Doh how could I forget about her. She was to the Poetry contest as Carlie was to the GFX Art Battles. Basically the first judge of it(I think, but I may need to check back on that) Anyways you say lack of an armatar, but its not like the place where the armatar is supposed to be is completely blank. It is after all known as the blank armatar is it not?

Anyways I think I am done being off-topic as well. The last question was rhetorical btw.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm sure some moderator wars cover art would classify for the theme, and I made it for the theme specifically, so I hope it can at least be entered. Though I extremely, EXTREMELY doubt that it'll get into the top 3 since it sucks such major donkey genitalia. srsly, I don't even like it.
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/104/d/1/Moderation_Wars_or_Art_Skills_by_Thoadthetoad.jpg

To those who might wonder, the chest actually IS important to the moderation wars. It'll be done in some sort of chapter in the distant future.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

sucks such major donkey genitalia

You must have been listening to Wesley Willis!

I coulda sworn I commented on Cenere portraying me as a Ponyta and flailing about yelling WHY NOT RAPIDASH but it seems either my memory is shot, I'm going crazy or my internet failed.

So instead, I shall comment in pictoral form:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stropponyta.jpg

NINJA PONYTA
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh, the perfect way to threaten Strop~ Grab his mask, and hold it above a lit lighter, and stare evillish at him! Mwahaahahahahaahaaaaa!! ... Anyway, you forgot the flames by the legs, Strop.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

UberTuna thats fantastic its great not about the drawing it's just so good.Who are they Asherlee, DragonMistress and Calm.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

@thoad
zomg, banfish is top on the pile. I pwn joo other mod banwepponz ^_^

@howlett
Thanks. I don't really understand the question (if it was a question) though. If you were wondering who Asherlee, DragonNistress, And Calm were, hey are the three mods on our team that have not been active for a substantial amount of time. If you were wondering if the symbols on my picture represented those three, then yes.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

If you were wondering if the symbols on my picture represented those three, then yes.

Yep thats what I was wondering, sorry for not stating the question right.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh yeah, I did too xD

IM DYING MUDKIP

Goes to show just how much of a Pokenerd I am not!

Anyhow...Entry fixed!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Thats a great entry Strop.Its really cool.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh, nice Strop, that is full of win~

*reads fine print* So you are really going to go ahead with it?

I did like Cen's Pokemanz one too!

Showing 3991-4005 of 6854