ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5485447
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

We can always make our own. avatars, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing so.

You can even draw your own armatars, there's just not much chance you'll get to be able to use it. But avatars, no problem.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Actually you can make a Christmas Avatar and show it to Carlie or some Moderator and they might make you're customized Avatar into a Special Christmas Armatar for Christmas of course. I don't think Jesus or A cross would be aloud.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Actually you can make a Christmas Avatar and show it to Carlie or some Moderator and they might make you're customized Avatar into a Special Christmas Armatar for Christmas of course. I don't think Jesus or A cross would be aloud.

The Thanksgiving Armatar Contest is going on right now!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Guys, just a point of standard social etiquette:

Conversing in a non-standard language (i.e. not English, for the puprposes of this forum) is equivalent to holding a private conversation in public.

Truth be told it's actually rude because it is considered exclusionary >: You might as well carry the conversation on in private, because then nobody else has to know that you're conversing to a limited audience.

Also yeah...what's with all these off-topic posts!? You know I have to actually go through all these pages to do the judging right :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Strop:

Cenere wrote:
*overveje helt random at køre dansk for at irritere folk*
*considers totally randomly to go Danish to annoy people*
Zophia wrote:
Uh, uh! Det forslag stoetter jeg helt og aldeles, Cen.
Selvom det muligvies kan give os problemer... Carlie er vist ikke saa glad for at folk taler andre sprog paa ze fora~
Uh, uh! I support that suggestion completely, Cen.
Though it could possibly cause us troubles... Carlie doesn't seem too pleased about people conversing in other languages on the forums.

So... Yeah, I basically predicted that we'd get told off for that~

The rest of the Danish conversation was just about our wondering about some old Danish letters and their use - so nothing interesting.
I'll refrain from writing Danish on the forums in the future, unless it relates to the topic at hand~
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

lol yea 30 pages in a week mostly jibber jabber....as far as i can tell the last entry was on page 168

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hun er så fed, at man må rulle hende i mel, for at finde den våde plet.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

to say the truth, I'm so embarrased and sad to say this but. . . . .I CAN'T DO IT! Idk why, I just can't bring myself to draw a zombie! I guess it just isn't in me this week, and I'm srsly reniigging on the MWT as well. . .hmm

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oi Klaus *waves ban-hammer* :P

Carlie doesn't seem too pleased about people conversing in other languages on the forums.

So... Yeah, I basically predicted that we'd get told off for that~

Yeah, Carlie's probably not a fan for the reasons I've given above. I hate to be the bad guy but I hadda do it :P

Anyway...thoad, you're seriously not thinking about reneging on the MWT are you? You made a commitment.

But I understand not wanting to draw a zombie. Zombies aren't really my thing either.

Seriously.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

guess it just isn't in me this week, and I'm srsly reniigging on the MWT as well. . .hmm

*suffers stroke*
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

But I understand not wanting to draw a zombie. Zombies aren't really my thing either.

hmm, if I make a bunch of. . .nah
*GET'S TOTALLY EXITED AND RICHOUS FROM HEAVY ROCK*
Viva CALLIGULAAAAA~~~!!!
*utterly pwns guy next to me*
*head splodes*
*zombie does the kitty dance*
*sudden inspiration in the form of a smack to the cerrebellum*
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

*suffers stroke*

See what you did to the GM huh, thoad!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, entries for this contest close in approximately 15 1/2 hours.

A smack to the cerebellum may leave you seriously uncoordinated!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hun er sÃÂ¥ fed, at man mÃÂ¥ rulle hende i mel, for at finde den vÃÂ¥de plet.
"She is so fat, that you have to roll her in flour to find the wet spot."
I just thought I'd translate...

Oh f*ck, that few hours!? But my old house is being destroyed by the cops, and I don't have time to finish my entry because I REALLY wanna try to save my stuff!
Can I please, please, pretty please have a tiny extension?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Under those circumstances, combined with my need to procrastinate, sure!

I can add on a few days to that, seeing as my exams are now much less than a fortnight away and I only want to have to judge one more round before then.

frogger
frogger
116 posts
Nomad

well im reposting this because th old one was lost.http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr123/frogger-02/2222.jpg

Showing 1606-1620 of 6854