ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4264300
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

In the 50/50 chance event that I will fail to judge the contest today because I have to go out and help organise the Christmas dinner stuff, I will give you all a new theme. It shall obviously be a Christmas theme. Except it's going to have a little twist on it.

STROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *hemorhagges* *cough* ooooooo *wheeze* oooooo *faint* ah-ah-ahp
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Hahaha yeah. Well a 300 reference. But its all the same.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

comon strop your way late

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Please, everyone just relax. Strop has other things to do. He is having internet problems for one, forgetting to pack something for his computer. Plus he has real life situations to deal with. The best thing to do is just wait. He will judge when he has the time. Until then be patient.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right now I'm actually kinda stressed out because I honestly don't know when I'm going to be able to judge.

It's not procrastination, it's literally not having two hours to sit down and really focus on the judging. I'm loath to be late but I'd hate to do a slop job.

If I find the time, I swear I'll do it (it HAS to be before XMas, obviously). Until then...have fun with this next theme!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,well this one was pretty simple to do,but I had some fun with the fresco effects using the painted regions option on photobucket this time around.I thought it was pretty decent,although I'm sure there's plenty of ways to improve it.Anyways here it is...

If Santa Disappears then he'll be Replaced...
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/TheSasquatchbeforeChristmas-1.jpg

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

is that mister hanky?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I sense that baby Jesus is a comin' down there to beat the tar outta yer hide!

That's not blasphemy. Well it is. But it is also ridiculous. Strop, I believe that your ninja flexibility just managed to get your head jammed in a place where it doesn't belong. Hahaha. Just kidding. But the devil is definitely going to have a new female dog.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Haha crimson, that seriously just made me laugh out loud.
As always, I love the expression on his face.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lol crimson, you're such a smart-alec.

Cholokid: I believe you win the imaginary prize for "most convoluted way of masking insults by florid euphemisms".

I may have time to judge the previous round today!!!

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

then do it man! do it!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Hahahaha Strop. I'm sorry.

Or maybe you were insulting me back. Hahahaha I cant tell. xD

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*christmas card reaches ASC*
Hmm, not that many entries yet. I wish I could actually paint with words, as I will ignore the possibility of me drawing anything with my touchpad. Besides that, I am not really allowed to sit at the laptop for more than a few minutes to check up on the MWT...
Always those humourous ways of drawing, but well. Christmas would not be different without Santa. I would actually like it, if that piece of history was changed, and Father Christmas was what he once was. The legends of St. Nicholaus and the story of a man granted immortality by the faries because what he did was good. A man travelling around to make children happy, all those children who did not have anything.
Or the older stories about a man watching the children before he enters the room, to make sure the children behave.
I like the first myth better. It have the Christmas spirit in it, the telling of something better, that everything will be all right...
Just look at me. I am a 19 year old still believing in stories made for children. Because of the spirit and the promise of everything being good. I love this time of year, at the moment this is the only time I can get to actually be with my family and feel safe. I know my mother is troubled because of the many things she should do, but I thin it is okay. We make cookies and candy, and the day before Christmas (23.) we all sit by the table, eating the same dish we have had every 23. as long as I can remember. My grand parents will not be over this Christmas, they are visiting my aunt and uncle and their children this year. But it will be a great Christmas anyway.
I should be going now, there is most likely something for me to do.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Halloween
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/christmaswosanta.gif

I should do something hand drawn since I have the time and resources at my disposal for now. The title is a math joke but still relevant. /nerd

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

how is it a math joke? halloween?

Showing 2191-2205 of 6854