ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4212757
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@ _________: i am sorry but i didn't really understand what you were trying to say...but I'll take it as a compliment :P ... could you please reword it

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I think _________ meant "even though I can draw things, if I attempted to draw what you drew there, yours would look brilliant compared to mine."

I don't know when this round will actually end so try to get the entries in asap! After this round though, expect some exciting new developments!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

expect some exciting new developments!

Last place gets to be impaled by a trident? : - D
miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

okay i animated my last entry, YAY!
so this is my new entry.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/powerpuck/background.gif

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ohhh, very nice work, miniman. It seems to rattle a little, or is it just my computer?

This reminds me. We should totally get an animation contest going. It could be fun.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Could another moderator do the judging? I won't have time to do much for awhile...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm at first I wasn't sure if making it animated was against the rules in some way,but I looked at the rules real quick and its not,so all I really have to say is interesting idea miniman,and I like it.(insert generic "good job" message here for miniman)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I second that Zophia, re: the animation contest thing. Maybe you could kick something off?

I'm entered in this round so I can't judge it, unfortunately.

miniman: that's really awesome. There's just a little issue with a couple of the frames- there *is* a hiccup which may or may not be intentional but if you look closely in the bottom right corner of the animation things seem to change abruptly. If you removed that frame and cleaned up the next two it would be smooth sailing.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

expect some exciting new developments!

Last place gets to be impaled by a trident? : - D

Given that I will be judging the contest after this round, I'll make sure that's you.

AND PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN LOL
miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

hmm, haven't got the original file anymore, so can't change the animation. or it will be a shitload of work, so ima have to do with this, indeed it has some flaws, but im not very experienced with animating.

miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

damn
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/powerpuck/background-1.gif

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Great, you pretty much fixed it. There's just a slight skip now but who cares, it works good.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

it works good.

Tsk tsk Strop, it works good is improper grammar. You should say that it works well lols :P
miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

wot is gramar i haavve neever hearrd off gramar.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I second that Zophia, re: the animation contest thing. Maybe you could kick something off?

Bwut I wants to pwarticipate! Though I probably could get something kicked together in a little while when I start having more time for AG again^^

And good correction, miniman^^

@Ricador:
You didn't enjoy correcting Strop's grammar at all, did you?
Showing 241-255 of 6854