ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4233890
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

>.> It got a little cropped. Just a tiny bit. How annoying.
All your Boxes are belong to us! without cropping.

Nomad

Wow Very very nice. I absolutely love your style of art.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

XD That's actually not my style. But I'm pretty good at imitating other styles (if they're not too complicated), and I've wanted to do a background like that for a long time. ^^

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

really gud, sept that I also play dragonfable and I found one flaw (no offense, still gr8), dragonfable sneevils actually have. . .flatter heads than that. You made it more of a vertical oval stead a horizontal oval.

@zophia: I also posted my REAP poster.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@thoadthetoad:
Actually I think I just screwed up his haircut and made his forehead a bit too low. But I know there's something with his headsape~ His earshape too~ And I used the wrong font on the box~

Nomad

Well not just that pic. Just all the stuff you do. Your mazzelhs and everything. They are awesome. I think you could create your own TV Cartoon series if you wanted.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Maybe some day~ Do wanna be an animator, so who knows~

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

wow, u should totally save up for flash, you can make both games AND movies.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Just checking in on this thread before I return to my current state of non-entity:

Sexually explicit material that is demonstrated to be obscene is not acceptable, but in grey areas, suggestive material depends on whether we receive active complaints. If somebody complains, we'll take action contingent on the complaint having reasonable grounds.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh wow, I, um...just checked back to see what everybody was umming about...

KLAUUUUSSSSSSSSHOOOUUUSSSSSSEEEE!!!!!!

I'm going to have to confer on this one, but let's put it this way. On (probably Zophia will understand this best) fchan (of all places), the latter two schematics (if they could be called that) would not be allowed in the "usual" sections and generally only tolerated in /ah.

So that's definitely definitely pushing it. I'm not going to do anything on this one unless somebody does message and complains and since I'm not taking messages at the moment, you'd have to complain to somebody else.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Going back to page 18:

juan99999: in order to properly paste the image, you need the image location, so if you're using firefox, right-click on the image and select "copy image location".

There's a simple (specific, but not very sensitive) test as to whether a person did the work they're posting- get an expert to ask them how they did it. I could tell you how that spiky-hair kirby pic was done despite not doing it myself, but if the person who did it can't, then more than likely they didn't do it.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Man, I can't do boxes so I'm watiing for the new topic =P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Everybody can do boxes. Hurry up a bit, and think - out of the box. You can come up with something epic without using more than a box and your imagination. Think of six-year-olds playing in the boxes, pretending it is a car or a house? No more is needed, if you have your imagination.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I was going to do a picture of a goth emo guy trapped in a crate wanting out...I thought that was a neat idea.

However I was feeling way too emo to do that. So, then I realised that I was doing a project with Klaus (...behave yourself man!) and...since the theme is boxes, I'm going to unveil it with a half-baked 1280x1024 poster:

Pandora

If your connection is slow, try this link instead. It's much cheaper- I mean smaller and looks almost as good!

There you go. Please click the links...the image looks terrible if I shrink it to fit into the forum space.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

oh great......strops gonna keeeel uss......

btw wuts that thing in the foxs mouth O_o

Showing 181-195 of 6854