ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4233419
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Here's my satire on fashion.

Few different jokes in here if you can pick up on them on congrats!

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3305/agartcontestkp7.png

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3305/agartcontestkp7.png

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

*headdesk* oh nooo you din't!

I think we've already found this week's dishonorable mention, keke. Now all that remains is for me to work out some kind of forfeit...

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Did I mention that was all done in MSPaint? First time I have ever used it for something and tried.. was really hard! Just like my... nevermind.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

was really hard! Just like my... nevermind.

X)

@Strop:
Ohhh yes he did!

@Klaushouse:
Ehm... Well, for a first time in paint it's not bad.
The thing it depicts, though... You with me on the whole testing the limit here? I do get the jokiness, I think~ But sliiightly inappropriate. X)
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Zophia can you tell me what we can draw.I want to get in!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Theme: Fashion
Deadline:: Thursday 9th October

That, and the rules are located on page 33.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@juan:
What Cenere wrote, and read the thread starter too. That should contain all the information you need.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I do get the jokiness, I think~ But sliiightly inappropriate. X)

I usually know when I am being inappropriate, post nonetheless but I would argue how inappropriate this is. Nothing sexual is shown, just a girl in a stringy bikini! Satire goes a long way and I actually find tons of meaning in this, in the way that girls are becoming "skankier" by the day. I find that it is actually important that young girls see that the less isn't better, although I enjoy it I don't think that girls should be told to wear such tiny skirts and such. They look fine with jeans! :/

@Fst
I am not sexual all the time! Remember that one time.. hmm no I can't remember any time sexual jokes didn't come into things. :/
Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Thoadthetoad that is just weird.

Klaus that is just a definite lol.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I usually know when I am being inappropriate, post nonetheless but I would argue how inappropriate this is. Nothing sexual is shown, just a girl in a stringy bikini! Satire goes a long way and I actually find tons of meaning in this, in the way that girls are becoming "skankier" by the day. I find that it is actually important that young girls see that the less isn't better, although I enjoy it I don't think that girls should be told to wear such tiny skirts and such. They look fine with jeans! :/

HERE HERE~!!!! Thank you! Someone who actually agree's with me! I've seen 4 year old girls dressing up as briteny spears with gaudy makeup on AND NOT FOR HALLOWEEN. This is highly disturbing to me!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yep, and that would most likely lead to more. . .*ehem*, unwanted entering of the body (go websters!). Anyways, back to subject, I'm ALMOST done with my final sketch of the jeans of happyness.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

wow, that's nice, I like the impressionisms look to it. GOod job!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Yeah, nice job Apocalypse.
And bwahaha! I caught an idea! Pwnage awaits!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yeah, well take this!!! It took me 4 FREAKING HOURS TO GET MY MOM'S CAMERA TO FINNALY WORK, SO PLEASE BE NICE ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/pantsofhapynessfull.jpg
This is my final entry to the fasion topic. I have a suggestion for next theme, it would be nice if there was a desert theme.

I JUST TOTALLY WEN'T SEPHIROTH ON MY CAMERA > > > >

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

AWWW C*** I just noticed that the left leg is WAY more thick than the right. . . .MAN! !#@$ing !#%!@# of @#$%@#$ %^@#&%$#% <insert censores here>

Showing 316-330 of 6854