Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

A Quick Public Service Announcement

Posted Sep 13, '08 at 10:42am

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,113 posts

Knight

I have noticed this section flooded with hints, tips, tricks, and other random information provided by users to the Newcomers. Everything that is really important is presently put in the stickies. This forum is for Newcomers to come and ask the questions that used to be considered 'spam' in the S&S section (which is why there is no AP here). Sadly, I see more little guides in here than actual questions from newcomers, which is a bit overwhelming for someone to have to go through and read.

For now, there isn't a rule that *only* newcomers (and oldies that might have a silly question) can post here, but if all these duplicates of guides keep popping up, it might become a rule. We really appreciate that you're trying to help, but I think it might be more confusing than anything. If you have a suggestion as to another guide that we need stickied, feel free to let us know.

Thanks!

Posted Sep 13, '08 at 10:46am

InTheZone

InTheZone

569 posts

Neato! Hopefully now people can stop posting

their guide

on how to be successful on AG. Seems like there's a bunch of little Kevin Trudeau's running around!

Posted Sep 13, '08 at 11:33am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

The only guide I had created for new comers was the guide to using BB code and really that's a guide that anyone could use,but it was made before the newcomers section existed,but staying on topic,it is true that alot of guides are being created that are unnecessary.I am glad you made this thread.Now if only we could do something about all of the generic RPG games in the forum games section.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 6:56pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

I predicted this all would happen with the guides. I remember when there was only one thread on here and it was almost immediately locked up and I was thinking to myself "this is going to be trouble."

I even wrote my own thread about not overdoing everything and it seems like people didn't pay close attention to it (I wrote it before everything got out of hand, I feel like some sort of forum prophet.)

Anyways, I hope this thread gets everybody's attention and people actually take to heart the message being said here. For those who would like a deeper explanation then my thread is here.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 7:02pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

2,517 posts

There is a mega thread in here that should be stickied. It contains valuable information that was made by both moderators and normal users and should give newcomers all the information they need.

Reply to A Quick Public Service Announcement

You must be logged in to post a reply!