ForumsSupport ForumA Top 100 Forum Posts List.

11 3853
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think it would be cool. Because if we have a top AP list, why not top forum posts. It;s basically the same, just...well...different XD

But seriously, this way us Forum junkies could see what rank we are and what not. I think it would be seriously col.

• 11 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Seems kinda pointless man, then people are gonna want a top 100 profile comments and a top 100 game comments etc.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Right, what Drognar wrote. What a top 100 forum posts list would do is create a surge in spam among the forums! Not only will you see backseat modding and "I agrees", you'll see a bunch of other things like 'I'm trying to be professional' posts and the dreaded 'Your idea is bad because..." posts! *shudders*

A ranking list of the top 100 AP earners has created enough spam I think, and until we can curb spam (or until users actually flag comments), I really think this idea shouldn't be implemented. Not now anyway.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I would have to agree and disagree.

Agree:
1. It's another way for fun competition.

Disagree:
1. Armor Games is based around the games, not just the Community, and AP takes care of all aspects.
2. It might induce spamming, sense it would seem so important to some people to be on that list.

I'm going to have to pass on this, unless there is something else to it you have to add, sorry.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If this happened, people would then want to have a Merit Top 100, and a Comment Top 100!

It isn't really plausible...if there was a top 100 shown, then people would spam in the forums - Which aren't to spammy ATM - to get to number one. The result...another Spam Pit!

So I say...NO!

KingRyan

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I like the idea but merit top 100 would be the best there is no way to spam to get them.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Everyone thinks it might cause spamming, because people might want to get on the forum post leaderboard. But we already have an AP leaderboard, so I don't think the spamming could increase much.
This would be awesome, I'd also like to see one for merits.

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

this would not be cool at all

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

pointless. forum psts gives AP too.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it will cause spamming, and they already give you points!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah and if we have that we would never have any other features like layout or anything else they might have

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

That is a good idea and would be nice, but we would see way too many more people spamming than there are already. As well people will start demanding a merit top 100, games submitted top 100, comments top 100, etc.... etc.

Showing 1-11 of 11