ForumsSupport ForumTell me what you think?

16 2875
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

I know that everyone hates how spammers spam for only one reason, and that would be armor points, yes the things we all know and love I know it is a little off the wall idea that not many would like and i suppose it would take a little while to get adjusted to but I think I may be able to handle it and that is take away armor points altogether because it will lighten up on spam for the mods so they can get other things done instead of deleting spam all the time i know it would stink not having armor points but we still have a helpful community and it's filled with nice people! and that's what counts right? not a bunch of virtual points that allow you to get pretty picture ranks no offense to the king's and queen's but we could have some other feature that is exciting and makes it harder for spammers to get easy AP and we still do have armatars but I think we all could handle not having AP until Armor Games mods and community work together to think of some other feature we all know and love.

• 16 Replies
dark_emperer
dark_emperer
14 posts
Nomad

Moderators are here for a reason, and armor points are here to reward members. There will ALWAYS be spammers, and there will ALWAYS be noobs. No matter where you go, they are there.

Whether they spam for post count, Armor Points, or simply because they have nothing better to do, they will still be spamming. Removing a well coded feature of this site to "get rid of them" would be pointless and do nothing to remove them. It would only lessen the fun WE're having.

In any case, no, don't remove the Armor Points feature.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, and many spammers spam for the recognition. They just want the attention. They may be going for the AP, but in the end, they are just lonely...=(

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Firstly...next time could you possible use some Punctuation? I had a hard time deciphering that...and believe me - Its much easier to get your message across if you use full stops and capital letters!

On this idea...

ArmorGames brought out ArmorPoints so that it would be different from a lot of other sites. Sadly, spammers came with it! People spam to feel important, to feel special and they forget the whole point of the site - Which is to play Flash Games!

Taking away AP would completely kill ArmorGames! They mods would have nothing to do, and people would still Spam! The idea is good, but it doesn't have to potential.

And basically, removing AP from ArmorGames would spoil all of the fun that people who don't spam have! Although it would test whether they care about AP or not, it would remove all of the friendly point competitions that go on...

That's just my opinion...What do YOU think?

KingRyan

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, you could take away AP, but in the end the spammers would end up just spamming to annoy people.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Sorry I typed this at like 1 o' clock in the morning, when I'm that tired you have no idea how I will type, lol.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The system certainly isn't perfect, but I think members really like the idea of Armor Points and with the system functioning the way it is, I just don't know how many people would stay if we took them away.
We are always tossing around ideas on how to make the AP system better (meaning rewarding good commenting while not rewarding spamming) but ultimately that's a moderators primary job on any site - whether or not people earn points for their comments.

helloiambored
helloiambored
76 posts
Nomad

what u mean always be noobs ? noobs are new people not spammers u made it sound like noobs are spammers lol

BumplemuffinBaker
BumplemuffinBaker
331 posts
Nomad

helloiambored has a point

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

what u mean always be noobs ? noobs are new people not spammers u made it sound like noobs are spammers lol

Theres a dif.

NEWBS are new people

NOOBS are stupid idiotic people

Many people would argue to make it stay or remove it. Most people would want it to stay.
Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

There will ALWAYS be spammers, and there will ALWAYS be noobs. No matter where you go, they are there.

Well when he says nub, or noob, or nubbish kids.

(this goes for bumplemuffin)

It doesn't just mean new people, it can mean a variety of things, people that are not very good, people that don't know what there really doing, and so on. You catch my point.

Those are just my opinions on being called the "noob","Nub".
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

[iMany people would argue to make it stay or remove it. Most people would want it to stay.

I agree but I was trying to say maybe we can find a way to still reward players but still makes it hard for spammers to get that reward through spamming.

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

You can't take spammers away. Impossible.

No matter what we did to the comment and how we have to send them we can't get rid of spammers.

For an example, pretend they said you must put in 10 words minamum to send a comment.

Here is all they would do:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

They would just make there comments longer instead of something short or repeating it.

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

I agree but I was trying to say maybe we can find a way to still reward players but still makes it hard for spammers to get that reward through spamming.

IMPOSSIBLE

That would take the moderators forever to decide who would get what points and who would get merits or even just the spamming.
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

I know your doing an example but ffffffffffffffffffffff is technically only one word unless they did something like this, hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi, then made the comment but I get the idea and of course there's always going to be spammers, there is spammers on every site, but I'm sure all of us could brainstorm some idea on how to make the site fun but harder to spam.

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

How could it get harder to spam?

There isn't any way to prevent them.

The only solution we could do is, when they leave a comment, it must go with the topic(unless it got off subject) is to ban them but then if we did that, Armorgames would start to lose people.

Showing 1-15 of 16