Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Spamming

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 14, '08 at 10:30am

Drognar

Drognar

556 posts

Spam is form of annoying, useless posting. Examples-1 post lol!, or just-I agree!, posting something completely off-topic, advertising, flaming.

Spamming isn't cool at all, I don't care if you got gold king(the highest rank) if you spammed your way there you haven't earned it! You won't earn respect from it either, someone would spammed to the top will be looked down upon and hated. Instead newbies and other members should try to set a example for others make helpful, educated, posts, suggestions, and reviews.

AG isn't about climbing the ranks either its being a active part of the community. If you wish to rank up and that your goal then go about it a in good manner by being helpful way, or making intelligent posts. I say this to the community because everyone knows better and spamming ruins a good experience for everyone.

Posted Sep 14, '08 at 10:37am

juan999999

juan999999

2,502 posts

mmm yeah man we know but thanks for the info

Posted Sep 14, '08 at 10:38am

InTheZone

InTheZone

569 posts

*Applauds efforts*

Do you honestly think one more thread will make a difference? There have been countless threads regarding spam, what it is, why it sucks, how to defeat it, etc. but it won't make that much of a difference. Telling newcomers or older members what to do won't help the situation either - people need to lead by example. For example, not responding to a spammer's thread by saying "This is spam" or "This should locked". How can something like that be leading by example? Your name wasn't anywhere in the thread! :P

I understand the pain of spamming, but seriously, complaining about it won't help.

Although, the idea of having a "Venting" section of the forum would be appealing!

Posted Sep 14, '08 at 10:47am

Drognar

Drognar

556 posts

InTheZone, what are you talking about, this is a guide thread for newbies and non-intelligent members. Why would I put my name in anyway?
I am not venting or complaining either, I'm telling newbies that getting AP is not what this sites about, just because I didn't use the word guide doesn't means its not. Yes my format maybe a bit different but this is a guide.