ForumsSupport ForumMy thread-Why was it locked?

8 1591
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I demand to know, I had a thread a few minutes ago entitled Spamming trying to set a good example for members. Although I find InetheZone thinking it was venting and next thing I know it was locked. This was a Guide like most other thread in the newcomers forum, though I believe mine had some important to point out. Please unlock my thread.

• 8 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Its becasue your guide wasn't really necessary, there wer plenty of stickies and such explaining those things you pointed out already.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Southpark, stop spamming.

Drognar, it's probably not a good idea to make a new thread about this. Ask a moderator for help, or maybe it was posted in the wrong forums.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

yeh why

South Park don't spam you probably didn't even read it.
Its becasue your guide wasn't really necessary, there wer plenty of stickies and such explaining those things you pointed out already.

Plokkey, that may be so but plenty of other people have gotten away with the exact same thing without getting a big lock on their thread.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Probably because there are already some guides and threads explaining about spamming, and not to do it, plus the rules and guidelines. Plus, you should have asked a mod about this, not made a whole new thread.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe you put in in the wrong forum.What was it about?

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Maybe you put in in the wrong forum.What was it about?

It was a guide for how to set a good example.
Probably because there are already some guides and threads explaining about spamming, and not to do it, plus the rules and guidelines. Plus, you should have asked a mod about this, not made a whole new thread.

I would but I don't know which mod locked it. I put a good deal of effort into that thread and locking it without a good reason is just cruel.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Oh, sorry. Usually I give explanations when I lock a thread. That forum is for newcomers and all of these guides that keep appearing are going to wash down the usefulness of the forum itself.
The rules for spam and commenting are clearly outlined there and through the help section of the site. So while these guides are well-intended they actually overload the newbies with more information than they can handle.
If you have any more questions, you can contact me on my profile, Drognar.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

It was probably because there are too many guides..

Showing 1-8 of 8