ForumsSupport ForumThe abillity to ignore

19 6043
Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

What if someone is being mean to you,talking lowly of you're religion a lot,or just isn't getting along with you? Now they aren't crossing the line for a moderator to ban them, but you are just sick of reading what they have to say, but you can't do anything about it. You should be able to ignore the person. You just click a button thats, for say, right next to the "Add Friend" button. Then from then on every time they make a post, instead of what they said its just blank.

• 19 Replies
iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

but maybe that post has some important information on it, and if you make a post it might not make snese because that person might have just made a comment that would prove your comment or opinion wrong, or incorrect or soemthing. then it would not make sense. its like taking chunks out of a story. sure you can understand the main idea, but you would not get the details, which can make a great difference. but i think it would still be nice as an option to have to the side. not that im saying i would use it. it would be good for those who need it.

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

yes but my point is, if you chose to ignore somebody, you probably did it because theres something about what they keep saying that you don't like. so regardless of what they said, you just don't want to here it.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

maybe if it was only on your profile, not on the forums.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

well what they say could set off a conversation, like in a game you could be missing vital part of the coversation as iFish said

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

but if you don't want to hear them on you're profile, then you just don't want to hear them. so why not the forums?

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

so what if you don't get what they're saying, you're still not hearing from the person who you don't want to hear from. if the conversation is started by that person, then its probably something you don't like hearing, since its that person. but if that person just added on to the conversation, you only missed one post and a post that you don't want to hear anyway.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I can see what you mean. this would of been good during the iwannapenis era

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

like i said at the end of my post, it would be a good option to have to the side for people who would want to use it. but i dont hink its a good idea to use it. thats just my opinion tho.

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

yeah i know, i was simply disagreeing with the beginning of you're post. I wasn't talking about the end of you're post.

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

yes lordbob, exactly what i mean

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

which talks about a lot. A moderator should come and discuss this

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

so...what now...

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

why? its just a suggestion, they don't have to say yes or no to it. all they have to do is acknowledge it.

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

beats me

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

it would help, but some people may abuse it, and there are many more important things to take care of first

Showing 1-15 of 19