3,012 posts
Jester

Hey wouldn't any of you guys/girls would like to have bronze instead of wood

• 15 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I first thought of it as bronze, but then realized it as wood. But seriously, what difference would it make?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I know its not necessary but i think it would be cooler and nicer.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I still don't think it matters. It really doesn't do anything.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it would be cooler

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I don't really see a point of making this change. The wood represents that the person is at the lowest level of that rank. Making the change might confuse some people because the color would be close to Gold. If you darkened it so it was clearly not Gold, it would come out Wood-colored, so there really is no point.

It's a vicious cycle.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think it would be cooler

But is it really worth it to poke around code just so it might look a little cooler?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I guess not lols

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

It would be cool... but I think it would look too much like gold.

And wood is okay too... what's wrong with wood...

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I used to call it Bronze, Serf, Squire,Knight etc but then realised it was W9ood but it would not make a whole hell of a difference the only difference owuld be the writing that comes up when you put your coursour over Wood Serf, Squire, Knight!

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

The colour would actually be kind of different I think... and there would be no "grain".

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Okay maybe the color would perhaps be a little difference but AG have other stuff to be doing at the moment instead of doing this it won't og on the To Do List!

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, as it is now, it goes "wood", then "iron", then "gold". This would just feed off the misconception about the iron rank...

And it's not really necessary.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Really? I thought iron rank was called silver?

And yes I agree it is not necessary.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I thought the iron was silver till I saw crazynaitor's post about holding the cursor above the icon... Then I saw it... And I have been thinking for days, why isn't it 'wood/iron/gold' instead of 'wood/silver/gold'... Oh boy, do I feel sheepish now... >.>

But with that, it makes perfect sense with the wood. First you get wood, then iron, and then gold. *punches self for trailing off*

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

It makes sense now... if you went from wood to silver, you must've won the lottery :P

Anyways yeah there are more important things that could be done on AG before this...

Showing 1-15 of 15