ForumsWEPRWill Their Ever Be A Non-Christian President?

41 6757
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

The Topic Says It All, And I Am Talking About America. I Believe There Will Be, In Time. AND OBAMA IS NOT A MUSLIM.

• 41 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm guessing there already has been?

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I don't think there has.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Drace - No, we have only had Christian presidents. The closest we have had a was JFK, the only non-protestant (Catholic), and Coolidge, a Unitarian, who tend to have less faith but still believe in a god.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

The closest we have had a was JFK, the only non-protestant (Catholic)

We got close to another Catholic sometime in the 1930's. I can't remember his name, but his campaign was in the lead for a while. Then rumors were spread about how he would appoint the Pope president or something since he was Catholic, and it all went downhill.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a non-Christian president. It's bound to happen someday; maybe not in my lifetime, but at the rate that the country is changing, it'll be soon.
jahsonx
jahsonx
330 posts
Nomad

Not in a lifetime...

helloiambored
helloiambored
76 posts
Nomad

lol i thought obamo was muslim lol long live crist presidents

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Washington, Jefferson, and Madison were deists.

Zachary Taylor and Hayes never had any affiliation, but said they followed the Bible.

Lincoln never had any affiliation either.

Many were Unitarian which many Christian groups say is not true Christianity.

angel14995
angel14995
22 posts
Nomad

Does the religion of our country's leader really matter? I mean, yeah if we were in a theocracy, but we aren't. We are in a failing democracy. If a non-Christian were to become president, I really wouldn't care as long as they don't start promoting their religion over every other religion.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, It doesn't really matter their religion. If there was a Muslim Conservative running, then I'd vote for him. The only problem would be if he over-promoted his religion, which hasn't really happened much (at least in recent times).

dambolee
dambolee
57 posts
Nomad

They only Christian because with their Christianity they will get more votes...
The truth...

/cheers
Dambo

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking there has been non-Christian presidents but never stated it.

Like how damb said, they won't get as many votes.

angel14995
angel14995
22 posts
Nomad

The only problem would be if he over-promoted his religion, which hasn't really happened much (at least in recent times).

*cough*Huckabee*cough*
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I think that there will never be, because of the terrorists. America will be to afraid to ever trust a Muslim. Which sucks, because one could rise American back to power.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

no because not many christians would vote for him
but nonchristians will vote for a christian so even if someone isnt christian they will say they are

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

I think that there will never be, because of the terrorists. America will be to afraid to ever trust a Muslim. Which sucks, because one could rise American back to power.

What do you mean "rise America back to power?" The US is the most powerful country the world has ever seen. At the snap of a finger the US can turn any country from wealthy to poor. From democracy to dictatorship. From regular society to nuclear wasteland.

Showing 1-15 of 41