ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Those god forsaken roll over ads!!!!

18 5567
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Move them!!! kill them!!! I can't tell you how many times I've died because there was a rollover ad!!! also move the click ads, mainly because when you're playing a point and click game 83% percent of in game deaths occur when one accidentally clicks an ad

• 18 Replies
helloiambored
helloiambored
76 posts
Nomad

i love them i hate the other ads the rollover1s kik @ss

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I did have one pop up in the middle of me playing something, but that was the only one that I noticed. Then again, I really don't have much time to play games on here anymore
I do agree that the ads need to be a bit more separated from the game window, as I have clicked on those a bunch of times. We certainly need the ads to generate revenue, but if they get in the way of gameplay, then we are killing the primary purpose of this site

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i hate the smiley face adds...please ag GET MORE SPONSORS!!! oh and get a deal with yahoogames to put the last stand 2 on there because at school i cant play..

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The roll over ads stop your game, so its liek a pause, it shouldn't really affect your gameplay, but they are annoying.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

The ads can be quite annoying, (I've heard the Smiley ad go,"Say Something! Whaaaat?" one too many times.) the pop up ads and the rollover ones sometimes interfere with my games. Maybe there can be a pop-out window for the game you can select, then, when you are done playing, you close the window, rate/comment the game on the original window, and continue on your merry way.

Just a thought!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I hate them they just pop up.Please remove them or something they are super annoying

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Move them!!! kill them!!! I can't tell you how many times I've died because there was a rollover ad!!! also move the click ads, mainly because when you're playing a point and click game 83% percent of in game deaths occur when one accidentally clicks an ad

I agree 100 percent with Koshionos, the reason why is because i was playing an online game once (stick arena) and i accidentally rolled over 1 and got killed twice.
99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

You can get a Firefox add on (assuming you have Firefox) that blocks all these adds. It's called Add Block Plus and you can get filter subscriptions (I got a USA one) and it blocked mostly every add I used to see.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Right... I think the ads were laid out in such a way that users would click them. I mean, just look at them. There's an ad bar above and below your game, perfect for when you screw up clicking and click the ads - thus making you interested in Zwinky or a whole new MMORPG! They're also a heck of a lot more noticeable since your play area is smack dab in the middle. It's meant to be like that! (OR SO I THINK!)

And face it, you can't remove them. Unless, you guys are willing to get mommy and daddy to enter their credit card number, ad revenue is how you make the site stay .com, instead of "freewebs/angelfire/.081/tripod/etc.com/armorgames"

helloiambored
helloiambored
76 posts
Nomad

moegreche u said u need them for revene thats a lie u get 20$ per click on this website u must get a good few grand a day minus the office suit price u lot much get a good few hundred dollars a day :} my freind ownz a website he makes like 50grand a hour cos he sells cars lol

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

thats a lie u get 20$ per click on this website

I don't know where you pulled that figure from but I'm certainly not going to sniff to find out!
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I remember a time in the Golden Past when AG first started and there were VERY FEW adds! I also remember how and Add made me a Beta tester...lol!

Anyways, only the smiley ones annoy me...but maybe if it could be separated slightly that would be good...

KingRyan

KBJD
KBJD
13 posts
Nomad

They stink, it freezes ur progress in the game and sooner or later pops up!!! there annoying!

99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

[url=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=adblock+plus&cat=all]

I think that's the link to the add-on. I'm pretty sure it's the first one if the link works properly.

99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

[url]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=adblock+plus&cat=all[/url]

Ok, that one should work.

Showing 1-15 of 18